Westminster Abbey + Changing of the Guards + Buckingham Palace + Afternoon Tea
Summary of The Day: Get the ultimate London combo tour this summer when you combine a tour of Westminster Abbey, the historic Changing of the Guards, Buckingham Palace, and afternoon tea. We've perfectly split up the day's itinerary so you'll have free time to relax and explore on your own in between your exciting schedule.
We'll being with one of the world’s great churches and the site of royal coronations. This incredible 700 year old building is a must-see for any visitor to London and a significant structure in British history. It has welcomed Kings, Queens and statesmen, royal weddings (most recently Prince William and Kate Middleton) and state funerals. You may not have been invited to the Royal Wedding, but you can feel like royalty as you enjoy a tour led by an expert local guide, who will point out the most important and fascinating aspects of this great monument.
Changing of the Guards
After your visit to the Abbey, your guide will lead you to the Changing of the Guards. This world-famous ceremony takes place either at Buckingham Palace or at Horse Guards Parade, depending on the day. Your guide will make sure you are in a prime position to enjoy the best views at this crowded event. Enjoy commentary regarding the history and pageantry behind the ceremony - see the Queen’s Foot Guards, with their red tunics and unmistakable bearskin hats, march to Buckingham Palace together with the military band or the Household Cavalry, complete with plumed silver helmets, ride in on their magnificent horses. (Please note that in heavy rain the guard’s parade will not take place).
End your tour at Buckingham Palace, the residence of Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh. See the famous balcony where the royal family appears during major events, and hear stories of intruders and princes scaling the walls to get both inside and out! Meet your local guide at the Palace, who will welcome you and provide background information about the palace and the royal family, after which you’ll have the rare chance to visit the inside of the royal residence: Buckingham Palace. The palace opens its doors to visitors for a limited time each year and it seems that just about everyone would like to get inside!
This is the real home of Queen Elizabeth II, boasting lavish apartments, sparkling chandeliers, and sumptuous furnishings. These rooms house some of the greatest treasures of the Royal Collection, such as exquisite pieces of Sevres porcelain and some of the finest English and French furniture in the world. With the official Palace audio guide you’ll learn all about the palace residents, history, and traditions as well as the stories of the furnishings and ornaments. Many of these items were gifts from Heads of State spanning both the centuries and the globe.
End your eventful day with quintessential London experience as we slow things down with a relaxing stroll to a local luxury hotel for traditional afternoon tea. Your guide will explain to you the origins and heritage of this very English tradition as you relax and reflect on your afternoon and work your way through a selection of finger sandwiches, before enjoying the classic scone with thick clotted cream and homemade preserves. The highlight of the meal is the selection of freshly made cakes and pastries, elegantly displayed and, of course, delicious!
Immerse yourself in London’s traditions on our Royal Summer Full Day Tour!
Meeting time and point:
- Westminster Abbey tour: 9:00am, look for the tall marble and stone column opposite the west entrance of Westminster Abbey
- Buckingham Palace tour: 1:45pm, directly in front of the Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace
Tour tour ends at the Afternoon Tea location at around 5:15pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 17 and older
* Child: 6-16 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 6.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Professional English-speaking tour guide
Entrance ticket with skip the line access to Westminster Abbey
Entrance ticket and reservation fee for Buckingham Palace
Headsets when appropriate, so that you can always hear your guide
Please inform us in advance of the tour of any special dietary requirements.
Please note that Westminster Abbey is subject to last minute, unforeseen closures.
Please note weather is very changeable in London, please ensure you have rainproof clothing.
Changing of the Guard will not operate in heavy rain and will be replaced with an extended walking tour.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking and much of the Abbey floor and steps are uneven. We recommend comfortable shoes for all guests.
Photography is not permitted in Westminster Abbey. Photography is not permitted within Buckingham Palace but is allowed within the gardens.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Entrance into Westminster Abbey requires a modest dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. We cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Westminster Abbey does not permit large or bulky items of luggage. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. There are no cloakroom facilities at the Abbey in which such luggage can be stored.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.