Summary of The Day: Enjoy a sampling of six wine varietals at upscale West Village wine destinations. Learning about wine was never this fun!
A friendly, charismatic wine ambassador leads you to 3 hot spots, where you’ll be welcomed to a reserved table, with wait staff standing by, ready to serve our pre-selected wines and appetizers. Learn how to taste, pair and buy with an intimate group of 12 guests.
Start: Cantina Corsino
A neighborhood-style Italian trattoria with a cozy and energetic vibe. Sip a rose’ Prosecco and a Pinot Grigio from Friuli as you share a savory antipasti platter and an assortment of their 20 different crostini. Learn the basics of wine tasting.
2nd Stop: A.O.C.
An authentic French bistro. Sample classic varietals from France while nibbling on hearty charcuterie and artisanal cheeses. Discuss how to find a great value on a restaurant wine list.
Last stop: Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar
A new breed of wine bar. We’ll show you the wonder of pairing wine with dessert, especially the hand-made chocolates featured here. Wine and chocolate, a formula for romance and intimacy.
Pricing and Timing
$75 takes you on whirlwind tour of European wine while maintaining a NYC boutique sensibility. Tour lasts a bit over two hours.
Below is an example of what we taste on a West Village Wine Tour. Each tour tastes at least six wines and stops at three locations. Click on any of our wine tour stop locations to learn even more about them.
Zardetto Spumante Rose’, Veneto, Italy
Teresa Raiz Corte Le Marsure Pinot Grigio, Friuli, Italy
Savory Antipasti and Crostini
Louis Sipp Pinot Blanc, Alsace, France
Domaine de Grisy Bourgogne Rouge, Burgundy, France
Le Grand Mix of Charcuterie / Cheeses with condiments & bread
Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar
Ayza Aragon Garnacha, Calatayud, Spain
Chateau Le Pin Sacriste Saint Croix Du Mont, Bordeaux, France
Assorted Hand-Made Chocolates
Recommended arrival time is 15 minutes before the tour.
Over the course of the entire tour you will have the opportunity to taste up to 6 different varietals in the equivalent of 2-4 glasses of wine.
guests walk short distances within specific neighborhoods.The total distance between all stops varies from neighborhood to neighborhood, but there is never more than 0.6 miles of walking on the tour. We walk at a leisurely pace on easy terrain.
In order to provide an intimate and comfortable wine experience our public tours are limited to 12 guests.
We love kids, but this is not the tour for them. 21+ only is strictly enforced.
Because of the high demand for these tours, tickets are non-refundable. Once purchased and scheduled, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled.
Tours take place rain or shine. In the rare situation that we are forced to cancel the event, tours will be rescheduled or refunded. Tickets are privately transferable.
Please dress seasonally in comfortable casual to dressy-casual clothing and shoes.
In Spring/Summer, we recommend you to wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes. In Fall/Winter, we recommend layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.