Summary of The Day: Take a stroll through the streets of Berlin and learn about the city's colorful history and unique modern culture. Your guided tour begins at the the very heart of Berlin's new government quarter. After we meet at the German flag in front of the Reichstag Building, we'll visit the sites of the Battle of Berlin, the outcome of which put an end to the horrors of Nazi Germany.
Times have changed and Berlin is no exception. As part of our tour we'll explore the changes in the city's political landscape over the past 30 years, while gaining further insight into Berlin's uber-modern outlook. Narration will be supplemented with historical documents and old maps of the city.
Learn about the events, places and landmarks that have made Berlin what it is today: Brandenburg Gate and the beautiful Pariser Platz. Walk through the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. Visit the site of Fuehrerbunker, the place where Hitler hid out during the final battle of WWII; see the former Nazi ministries, the Topography of Terror, Checkpoint Charlie and the remains of the Berlin Wall; hear stories of the Cold War, GDR fugitives and day-to-day life in divided Germany; and visit the place where young Peter Fechter was murdered by border guards in 1962.
Then we'll lighten the mood with a visit to Gendarmenmarkt, widely regarded to be the most beautiful place in Berlin, and a walk down Berlin's storied boulevards: Friedrichstrasse and Unter den Linden, the site where the book burning of 1933 took place. Afterwards we'll tour the campus of Humboldt University, the most prestigious learning institute in Berlin. Our tour will end at the melting pot of Berlin culture, a neighborhood filled with world-class museums, beautiful old churches, countless hidden gems, and a quirky flea market on Saturdays!
We'll also make a stop at one of Berlin's oldest chocolate makers. There we'll sample some of the product and see chocolate replicas of the most iconic buildings in Berlin.
This tour ends at Lustgarten next to Berlin Cathedral on weekdays, and at the S-Bahn Hackescher Markt Station on weekends.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under 6 years of age join the tour for free.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the departure point 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to begin.
No more than 12 people per group.
A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable. Dependent on weather, wet weather gear is useful.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.