Summary of The Day: A friendly, charismatic wine ambassador leads you to 3 hot spots, where you’ll be welcomed to a reserved table, with wait staff standing by, ready to serve our pre-selected wines and appetizers. Learn how to taste, pair and buy with an intimate group of 12 guests.
Start: City Winery
Manhattan’s first full-service winery, where wine enthusiasts can lay claim to a barrel in the basement and craft their own wine, from grape-to-bottle. Owner Michael Dorf, who also founded The Knitting Factory, brings Wine Country experience to Soho. Sip a glass of Prosecco when the tour begins, then enjoy 2 wines made right underfoot…flavors so fresh, raw, and vibrant.
2nd Stop: Galli
Enjoy wines from Italy or Spain as you learn the basics of wine tasting. Discover how to find a great value on a restaurant wine list. And, we’ll tell you the dirtiest secret in the wine biz…when and how to ask for a discount!
Last stop: Comodo or Puro Wine
Finish your day with boutique wines from Argentina or Chile, paired with savory cuisine.
Below is an example of where we go and what we taste on a SoHo Wine Tour. Each tour tastes at least six wines and stops at three locations.
Col Vetoraz Prosecco Brut,Veneto, Italy
City Winery Sohovingnon Blanc, Lake County, California
City Winery Spring Street Pinot Noir, Central Coast, California
Wild Mushroom & Pancetta Flatbreads
Avignonesi Vignola Sauvignon, Toscana, Italy
Nebbiolo d’Alba, Piedmont, Italy
Grilled Calamari or Bufala Mozzarella with GrapeVine Tomatoes and EVOO
Comodo or Puro Wine
Dos Minas Torrontes, Salta, Argentina
Xumek Sol Huarpe Syrah, San Juan, Argentina
Chipotle Braised Cochinita (pulled pork) & Bacon Torta
Recommended arrival time is 15 minutes before the tour.
Over the course of the entire tour you will have the opportunity to taste up to 6 different varietals in the equivalent of 2-4 glasses of wine.
guests walk short distances within specific neighborhoods.The total distance between all stops varies from neighborhood to neighborhood, but there is never more than 0.6 miles of walking on the tour. We walk at a leisurely pace on easy terrain.
In order to provide an intimate and comfortable wine experience our public tours are limited to 12 guests.
We love kids, but this is not the tour for them. 21+ only is strictly enforced.
Because of the high demand for these tours, tickets are non-refundable. Once purchased and scheduled, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled.
Tours take place rain or shine. In the rare situation that we are forced to cancel the event, tours will be rescheduled or refunded. Tickets are privately transferable.
Please dress seasonally in comfortable casual to dressy-casual clothing and shoes.
In Spring/Summer, we recommend you to wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes. In Fall/Winter, we recommend layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.