Summary of The Day: Little Saigon is home to San Francisco's Vietnamese population and some of the city's best places to find delicious and exotic Southeast Asian food. Vietnamese cuisine features a combination of 5 fundamental taste elements: spicy (metal), sour (wood), bitter (fire), salty (water) and sweet (Earth). Each dish has a distinctive flavor made from combining these elements. Traditional Vietnamese cooking is greatly admired for its fresh ingredients, minimal use of oil, and reliance on herbs and vegetables. With the balance between fresh herbs and meats and a selective use of spices to reach a fine taste, Vietnamese food is considered one of the healthiest cuisines worldwide.
The Tendernob is the area between Nob Hill proper and Little Saigon, but until fairly recently, it was just considered the Tenderloin. Here you will find old and well established fine dining restaurants, next door to Greek kitchens, Israeli markets and Napoli Pizza parlors. One block has a hookah lounge amidst several Pakistani restaurants, all in buildings that are historic landmarks. Yemeni, Moroccan, Ethiopian, Turkish and Soul Food, can all be found in this diverse eating area. The establishments here are small and so intimate that the kitchens are visible to the patrons who are seated within earshot of the chef and his staff.
This ever-changing neighborhood has a delightful assortment of eateries which creates a dynamic and surprisingly wonderful food tour. Join renowned food-blogger Dan Chew, or globetrotter David Killian on a trek through this unexpected and compelling neighborhood on a food tour of epic variety as you discover new foods and flavors you'll never want to forget.
The tour usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but we may cancel the tour up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event. We do not issue refunds for tours cancelled due to weather conditions.
We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing on the tour. San Francisco is known for the chilly weather and rolling fog, so dress in layers and be sure to bring a jacket.
Feel free to bring a bottle of water on food tours (we still do a lot of walking!).
On the tour we will have the opportunity to shop at local neighborhood venues. Some places accept cash only. Please bring a shopping bag.
Remember that we are on public streets and sidewalks; we cannot guarantee that the entire tour is accessible. Participants in wheelchairs must provide their own assistance.
While we love our pet friends, with the exception of guide dogs (not companion animals) , the tour is not appropriate for pets. Moreover, we cannot assume liability for the behavior of pets on the tour. Please find other accommodation for your pets.
In order to protect your personal property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.