Summary of The Day: Make a Splash on the SEAL! Experience San Diego as it was meant to be experienced - by land and by sea!
The new "Hydra Terras" provide you with the unique ability to see America's Finest City on San Diego's only amphibious sightseeing tour.
This 90-minute fully-narrated journey departs from Seaport Village located on Harbor Drive at the Embarcadero. As you travel along the beautiful Big Bay by land, you will learn about the early fishing industry, the people as well as the history of this 14-mile long working bay. The tour on land takes you past the San Diego International Airport dedicated to aviator Charles Lindbergh, just one of the many people you will hear about on your tour.
Then, you will splash down into San Diego Bay off Shelter Island, where you begin your water-tour segment of the journey. As the SEAL travels through the north end of the Big Bay, keep your eyes peeled for a chance encounter with a California Brown Pelican, the majestic Blue Heron, or perhaps a Sea Lion or two.
Learn about the important role the military plays in San Diego. The Big Bay provides views of Point Loma, home to the Cabrillo National Monument, Naval Air Station North Island, the Point Loma Submarine Base, the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and the Navy's marine mammal training center.
The return trip takes you, once again, back up on land where you will return to your starting point via Harbor Drive while you pass the Maritime Museum, the Cruise Ship Terminal and the USS Midway Museum.
The San Diego SEAL tour fleet consists of five amphibious vehicles manufactured specifically for the tourism industry. These vessels are completely U.S. Coast Guard approved and meet all required regulations for Department of Transportation passenger vessels. Every effort has been made to make these vehicles the strongest and safest possible.
Get your eTickets today to experience San Diego as it was meant to be experienced...by land and by sea!
Departure times vary depending on season. Please call the Customer Service number provided on your eTicket to confirm tour times for a specific day.
Closed on: Thanksgiving and Christmas days. Special events that may cause delays or detours: Rock & Roll Marathon - June 1; Comic Convention July 24-27; July 4th celebrations and the AFC Marathon - August 17.
Your eTicket does not guarantee seats on the tour for any certain date or time. All seating is on a first come, first served basis. Reservation tour times are made at the SEAL ticket booth location. We advise you to redeem your voucher/e-Tickets early in the day as this popular tour often sells out. Tour route is subject to change without notice due to weather or traffic conditions. Departure times vary. For actual departure times, call the Customer Service number provided on your eTicket. A lightweight jacket is recommended. Parking is available at Seaport Village.
Booth Location: Old Town Trolley ticket booth located in Seaport Village, 470 Kettner Blvd. San Diego, CA 92101.
2nd SEAL Booth Location open-SEAL Embarcadero, 1004 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101. (2nd seasonal booth location closed November -March)
Nearest Intersection: Kettner Blvd and Harbor Drive.
All times are approximations. Please arrive at the boarding location 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.