Summary of The Day: Join us as we discover the rich beauty of New Zealand AND explore the landscape that brought Lord of the Rings to life! Departing from Auckland we'll head out to the Waitomo region, which is home to some of the most scenic cave systems in the country.
Today we'll only visit one of them: Ruakuri, or "Dog's Den" in the local Maori. Originally a Maori burial site, this extensive cave hosts of complexly shaped limestone formations. Here we'll take the longest underground guided tour ever, descending into New Zealand's depths to discover million year old stalactites - some of which even have fossils embedded in them and have grown coral! Don't worry about bringing a flashlight, cause the caverns will be aglow with walls of glowworms!
Then we'll head to one of the most famous sites in New Zealand: Hobbiton! Follow an expert guide as they lead you through this expansive and amazing village! We'll see all the great and memorable sties from the Shire, including the Green Dragon Inn and field where Bilbo's birthday party was held! Along the way they'll provide exclusive commentary about the films and set, as well as the interesting characters who've visited the set over the years. They will even help take photos of you besides the miniature homes and gardens.
Finish the tour at The Green Dragon, where you can enjoy a pint of Girdley Fine Grain, Oatbarton, Sackville cider, or Frogmorton Ginger Beer (own expense)!
We'll return to Auckland in the evening.
Hotel Pick-up will run from 6:15am to 6:30am.
We'll return to Auckland around 7:45pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Adult: 15 or older
Child: 5 - 14 years old
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand dollars (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Please indicate your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.