This enchanting morning tour takes you on a scenic route to the stunning Rhine Falls! See the medieval Castle Laufen, situated directly above the falls and feel the roar and vibration of Europe's biggest cascades from the panoramic trails and viewing platforms.
Sit back and relax on a comfortable coach while listening to your multilingual guide introduce Switzerland's interesting history and culture. We'll drive through picturesque landscape with gently rolling vineyards and charming villages, ultimately arriving at the splendid medieval Castle Laufen! Enjoy approximately one-hour leisure time at the mighty Rhine Falls, one of Switzerland's major attractions. Delight in unique views of Europe's biggest waterfall from the panoramic lift and see how an average of 700,000 liters of water per second plunge across a width of 150 meters into the basin below. A beautiful, short stroll on the Belvedere panoramic trail takes you to the viewing platform right above the falls where you will feel the spindrift of the rumbling waters. Capture stunning photographs of the cataract, the fizzy waters of the basin below and the natural beauty of the surrounding area. Visit the Historama at the patriarchal castle to learn more about the interesting history of this unique place. The return journey passes by the picturesque town of Schaffhausen with its famous Munot Fortress from the 16th century. We'll then continues for a short stretch through Germany. Before you arrive back in the city center of Zürich, we'll make a brief stop at the airport, where departing guests may end their tour.
Customers must make a special request at booking to be picked up from the airport at the designated time and place.
The tour ends at the airport at 12:15pm, and at the starting point at 12:45pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 6-15 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 6, but they must be registered before the trip.
* Tour prices are based on Swiss Francs (CHF) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Live commentary in English and German
Airport pick-up at 9:30am upon request
Transportation in comfortable motorcoach
Schloss Laufen Rhine Falls Experience: Historama, Belvedere panoramic trail, Känzeli viewing platform, and panoramic lift
We will cross the border into Germany on our way back from the falls. You must show a valid passport at border patrol.
Airport pick-up is available at app. 9:30am on the day of the tour. Please leave a note in the comments section of the checkout page if you would like to request complimentary airport pick-up. You can find detailed airport pick-up information on the voucher you receive after your booking is confirmed.
- Up to 33 days prior to tour start: 10% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
- 32 to 15 days prior to tour start: 30% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
- 14 to 8 days prior to tour start: 50% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
- 7 to 0 days prior to tour start: 100% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.