Summary of The Day: Reykjavik is affectionately called the Biggest Little City in the World. On this sightseeing tour you will explore Reykjavik‘s top attractions, interesting facts and stories that relate to history and culture in Iceland. The tour travels the greater Reykjavik area including surrounding municipalities which provides an excellent opportunity to discover various things to see or to do in Reykjavik during your stay in Iceland.
On this tour, you will enjoy spectacular views from the platforms at Perlan, which is built on the city's hot water tanks. You will see Reykjavik's seafront to the old Hofdi house where the all-important summit between former U.S. President Ronald Reagan and former U.S.S.R. Secretary General Mikhail Gorbachev took place in 1986. You will then proceed to visit Hallgrimskirkja church whose design was inspired by basalt lava columns, a common volcanic rock formation in Icelandic nature.
Last but not least you will explore the old town center with the Icelandic parliament Althingi and the town hall.
Tour operates daily at 9:00am. Hotel pick-up is available upon request and normally arranged about 30 minutes before the start of the tour.
Layered clothing is essential for all seasons in Iceland. Lightweight woolens, rain and windproof jacket and trousers, and good walking/hiking shoes are essential if you plan to do any hiking or other outdoor activities.
When traveling to Iceland in winter you should bring along a warm overcoat, hat, scarf, gloves, socks (preferably made of wool), as well a sweater and/or cardigan, and weatherproof shoes. Long thermal underwear (a shirt and pants), and a layer of fleece on top are also recommended.
Drop off after day tours may sometimes not be right in front of your hotel/guesthouse due to narrow streets and actual coach size used during the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.