Summary of The Day: We'll being our adventure bright and early in the morning as we depart Melbourne and travel over the Westgate Bridge on our way to the Great Ocean Road. The drive in the morning is slightly longer than other tours as you are starting at the end of the road and traveling back to the start to escape the crowds!
The first stop on the Great Ocean Road will be in the country town of Colac for morning tea before heading to the Shipwreck Coast. Here you’ll find the major attractions of Gibson Steps, Loch Ard Gorge and, of course, the 12 Apostles. Not only will there be less people at these stops but the sunlight is better for viewing and photos. Enjoy a picnic lunch at one of these spectacularly breathtaking spots.
Start the drive backwards along the Great Ocean Road as the road begins to run away from the coast line through Great Otway National Park. It is time to stretch your legs on a wonderful guided rainforest walk amongst some of the tallest tree species in the world.
After a short drive the road and ocean meet again in the seaside town of Apollo Bay. From here the road twists along the coast offering spectacular ocean, beach and cliff views. Along this beautiful section of the Great Ocean Road you’ll stop at the small town of Kennett River where your guide will help you spot wild koalas amongst the eucalyptus trees.
Continuing the journey and passing through small sea side towns, make a stop at Memorial Arch, also known as The Great Ocean Road sign, commemorating the workers that built the road. From here head to start of the road (or end of the road on this reverse tour) for a pizza dinner in the town of Torquay, the perfect way to end the reverse journey along the Great Ocean Road.
The tour normally starts at 7:20am and ends at 9:00pm.
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 12 and younger
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Friendly informative tour guide
Hotel pick-up/drop-off from Melbourne accommodations
Please note that customers should be waiting out the front of the selected pickup location at least 10 minutes before departure.
If you cannot find your desired pickup location, please note your own hotel location when booking and we will confirm it for you.
Children are permitted on most tours, however due to the nature and length of tours, it may not be recommended, please check with reservations for recommendations.
A baby seat can be provided if requested.
There are no luggage storage facilities on day tours, please do not bring your luggage with you. Luggage may be stored with your accommodation provider for the day.
Due to limited luggage restrictions, pushers and prams are not permitted on tour.
What to bring: Water, hat, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, warm and cool clothing, rain jacket, camera and a sense of adventure!
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.