Melbourne - Sherbrooke Forest - Yarra Valley - Melbourne
Summary of The Day: Ride on Australia's most notable narrow gauge railway through the spectacular Blue Dandenong Ranges with bellbirds and kookaburras echoing the steam train's whistle. Tour through the richness of the Yarra Valley - a pastoral experience of farms and vineyards, haystacks and wine grapes. Healesville Sanctuary - a truly Australian experience - cradled in the forested foothills of the Great Divide where you can surround yourself with Australian wildlife.
Departing from your Melbourne Hotel we'll visit the Sherbrooke Forest, home to tall eucalyptus trees, kookaburras, and bellbirds. Here we'll enjoy Bush Bily tea, lamingtons and vegemite crackers. We'll also get the chance to hand feed colorful crimson Rosellas and King Parrots!
Then we'll ride on Australia's most notable narrow gauge railway, the Puffy Billy Railway, through the spectacular Blue Dandenong Ranges with bellbirds and kookaburras echoing the steam train's whistle. We'll enjoy panoramic views of Grantulla Road and pass through quaint villages.
From here we'll head to the Fergusson's Winery, a famous winery of Yarra Valley, for a wine tasting and delicious spit roast lunch with wine as guests of Louise Fergusson (vegetarian meals available).
The brand new Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery is now included as a ‘dessert’ stop after lunch at Fergusson Winery! Enjoy complimentary tasting at the Chocolaterie as well as observe European Chocolatiers at work.
Lastly we'll arrive at the township of Healesville and visit the Healesville Sanctuary - home for over 200 species of Australian birds, mammals and reptiles in a natural bushland setting. While here you can stroll through paddocks of kangaroos and wallabies, walk through large aviaries and pond areas that bring birds of the wild so close to hand, and witness the "Eagles Fly" demonstration. You'll alos get to observe the underwater life of the platypus, come face to face with a koala, meet a furry wombat, and see dingoes, Tasmanian Devils, echidnas, snakes and goannas.
Tour departs at 8:10am and returns at 5:45pm approximately.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Professional tour escort
Ground transportation in air-conditioned tour coach
Puffy Billy Railway Ride
Entrance to the Healesville Sanctuary
Aussie style Bush Billy tea with lamingtons and vegemite crackers
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.