Summary of The Day: Rainforests, colorful birds, quaint villages in the hills and a ride on an old steam train affectionately called 'Puffing Billy' makes up your morning. Enjoy an Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with our compliments in the Dandenong Ranges National Park and spend time in beautiful Sassafras known for its local craft and antiques. In the afternoon, re-join the coach for your native wildlife experience of spotting koalas in their natural habitat at Koala Conservation Centre and seeing the Penguin Parade at sunset on Summerland Beach at Phillip Island.
Highlights of the Morning Tour
- Tour departs Federation Square at 8:10am
- Travel through the Dandenong Ranges National Park with its towering mountain ash forest, traditional gardens and home to the lyrebird
- Visit Sherbrooke Forest - heart of the Dandenongs; tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
- See colorful Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots (opportunity to hand feed) at Grant's Picnic Ground
- Enjoy morning tea Aussie style with a Bush Billy tea and the chance to sample some Aussie food favorites - lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers
- Ride through the forest from Belgrave to Menzies Creek, the most scenic section of the original steam locomotive's journey
- Pass numerous quaint villages noted for their cafes, craft shops and beautiful gardens
- Stop and explore Sassafras, home to a range of local crafts and antiques
- Tour returns to Federation Square at 1:00pm approx
Highlights of the Afternoon Tour
- Tour departs Federation Square at 1:15pm
- San Remo - maritime fishing village and gateway to Phillip Island
- Visit Churchill Island for afternoon tea (own expense)
- Phillip Island Nature Park - a natural home for koalas, seals, shearwaters and Little Penguins
- Koala Conservation Centre - look for koalas in their natural habitat from the tree top boardwalks
- Witness the natural phenomena of the Penguin Parade on floodlit Summerland Beach from the exclusive - Penguins Plus premium viewing area for the best views of the Penguins
- A dinner stop will be made before or after the Penguin Parade (dependent on season)
- Tour returns to Federation Square at 9:00pm-11:30pm approx. (seasonal)
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 3-14 years of age
* Children younger than 3 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers
Please bring warm, waterproof clothing as nights can be cold on the island in any season.
The Penguin Parade is a natural phenomenon taking place in the open outdoors.
There is limited time for lunch in between the tours. We suggest you make a purchase during your visit in Sassafras (on the morning tour) to take with you on the coach.
Please input your hotel address during booking and we will confirm the pick-up time and location 24 hours prior to tour departure date.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.