Summary of The Day: Rainforests, colorful birds, quaint villages in the hills and a ride on an old steam train affectionately called 'Puffing Billy' makes up your morning. Enjoy an Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with our compliments in the Dandenong Ranges National Park and spend time in beautiful Sassafras known for its local craft and antiques. In the afternoon, re-join the coach for your native wildlife experience of spotting koalas in their natural habitat at Koala Conservation Centre and seeing the Penguin Parade at sunset on Summerland Beach at Phillip Island.
Highlights of the Morning Tour
- Tour departs Federation Square at 8:10am
- Travel through the Dandenong Ranges National Park with its towering mountain ash forest, traditional gardens and home to the lyrebird
- Visit Sherbrooke Forest - heart of the Dandenongs; tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
- See colorful Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots (opportunity to hand feed) at Grant's Picnic Ground
- Enjoy morning tea Aussie style with a Bush Billy tea and the chance to sample some Aussie food favorites - lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers
- Ride through the forest from Belgrave to Menzies Creek, the most scenic section of the original steam locomotive's journey
- Pass numerous quaint villages noted for their cafes, craft shops and beautiful gardens
- Stop and explore Sassafras, home to a range of local crafts and antiques
- Tour returns to Federation Square at 1:00pm approx
Highlights of the Afternoon Tour
- Tour departs Federation Square at 1:15pm
- San Remo - maritime fishing village and gateway to Phillip Island
- Visit Churchill Island for afternoon tea (own expense)
- Phillip Island Nature Park - a natural home for koalas, seals, shearwaters and Little Penguins
- Koala Conservation Centre - look for koalas in their natural habitat from the tree top boardwalks
- Witness the natural phenomena of the Penguin Parade on floodlit Summerland Beach from the exclusive - Penguins Plus premium viewing area for the best views of the Penguins
- A dinner stop will be made before or after the Penguin Parade (dependent on season)
- Tour returns to Federation Square at 9:00pm-11:30pm approx. (seasonal)
|USD $170.72||USD $85.36|
* Adult: 15 and older|
* Child: 3-14 years of age
* Children younger than 3 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.