Summary of The Day: Discover two very different regions of Melbourne on this full day combination tour. Nature lovers will love spending the morning in the Dandenong Ranges amongst rainforest and sound of birds. Be treated to an authentic experience with our Aussie style Bush Billy Tea. Then on to ride Puffing Billy steam train and spend time in the quaint mountain village of Sassafras. In the afternoon, tour the highlights of Melbourne CBD and discover the trendy bayside suburbs of St Kilda, Elwood and Brighton. Take a photo stop at Brighton Beach bathing boxes, a functional remnant of a bygone era.
Highlights of the Morning Tour
- Visit the Dandenong Ranges National Park, home of the lyrebird, impressive gardens and towering mountain ash forest
- See Sherbrooke Forest at the heart of the Dandenongs with its tall eucalypts, bellbirds and kookaburra
- Take a train ride on Puffing Billy through the forest from Belgrave to Menzies Creek, the most scenic section of the original steam locomotive's journey
- Pass numerous quaint villages with beautiful gardens, excellent restaurants and craft shops
- Explore the village of Sassafras, its local craft and antiques
Highlights of the Afternoon Tour
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- Melbourne Park - National Tennis Centre
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens and walk amongst a wide range of native plants and trees
- Arts and Cultural Centre
- Docklands - waterfront development
- Etihad Stadium at Docklands
- Take in a spectacular city overview from the Bolte Bridge
- Port Melbourne by the sea
- Travel by the beach to trendy St Kilda
- Explore Acland Street, St Kilda's funky hub with a wide range of eateries, eclectic shops and patisseries
- Perhaps enjoy a local favourite - afternoon tea or a barista made coffee and continental cake (own expense)
- Fashionable suburbs of Elwood and Brighton
- Colourful Brighton bathing boxes on the beach - a functional remnant of a bygone era (photo stop)
- Lively Fitzroy Street in St Kilda with its restaurants and bars
- Albert Park Lake - site of the Formula One Grand Prix
|USD $112.77||USD $56.38|
* Adult: 15 and older|
* Child: 3-14 years of age
* Children younger than 3 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.