Summary of The Day: Discover two very different regions of Melbourne on this full day combination tour. Nature lovers will love spending the morning in the Dandenong Ranges amongst rainforest and sound of birds. Be treated to an authentic experience with our Aussie style Bush Billy Tea. Then on to ride Puffing Billy steam train and spend time in the quaint mountain village of Sassafras. In the afternoon, tour the highlights of Melbourne CBD and discover the trendy bayside suburbs of St Kilda, Elwood and Brighton. Take a photo stop at Brighton Beach bathing boxes, a functional remnant of a bygone era.
Highlights of the Morning Tour
- Visit the Dandenong Ranges National Park, home of the lyrebird, impressive gardens and towering mountain ash forest
- See Sherbrooke Forest at the heart of the Dandenongs with its tall eucalypts, bellbirds and kookaburra
- Take a train ride on Puffing Billy through the forest from Belgrave to Menzies Creek, the most scenic section of the original steam locomotive's journey
- Pass numerous quaint villages with beautiful gardens, excellent restaurants and craft shops
- Explore the village of Sassafras, its local craft and antiques
Highlights of the Afternoon Tour
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- Melbourne Park - National Tennis Centre
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens and walk amongst a wide range of native plants and trees
- Arts and Cultural Centre
- Docklands - waterfront development
- Etihad Stadium at Docklands
- Take in a spectacular city overview from the Bolte Bridge
- Port Melbourne by the sea
- Travel by the beach to trendy St Kilda
- Explore Acland Street, St Kilda's funky hub with a wide range of eateries, eclectic shops and patisseries
- Perhaps enjoy a local favourite - afternoon tea or a barista made coffee and continental cake (own expense)
- Fashionable suburbs of Elwood and Brighton
- Colourful Brighton bathing boxes on the beach - a functional remnant of a bygone era (photo stop)
- Lively Fitzroy Street in St Kilda with its restaurants and bars
- Albert Park Lake - site of the Formula One Grand Prix
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 3-14 years of age
* Children younger than 3 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Historic steam train ride
Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers
Please input your hotel address during booking and we will confirm the pick-up time and location 24 hours prior to tour departure date.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.