Summary of The Day: The people of New Orleans feared nothing more than the dreaded Voodoo curse! It was the worst of all fates. Evil magic in other parts of the country paled in comparison. It is human nature to fear what we do not understand.
The roots of Voodoo have been traced all the way back to Africa before 1100 AD. Voodoo religion is based on one main supreme deity and several demigods called loas or lwas. The loas are to Voodoo as the Saints are to Catholicism, each serving a specific purpose. It is estimated that by the 1750s, 30,000 slaves a year were being delivered to Haiti, bringing with them the Voodoo religion. The word Voodoo means Gods or Spirits. They believed that these spirits had the ability to enter the worshippers. This was believed to be a valuable experience, warding off illness and misfortune.
New Orleans is stock full of tales of Voodoo practitioners who can transform into animals or cause animals to invade others. Rather than transforming into wolves, the Voodouns generally become cats. One can only assume that much of the legends that have arisen in New Orleans were spawned by fear and superstition.
Explore the mystical world of Voodoo in New Orleans. You'll hear stories of practitioners, visit real Voodoo altars and an authentic Voodoo shop. This tour blends history, fact, fiction and folklore together for an unforgettable experience.
This nighttime tour just might bring out the Voodoo in you!
Saturday at 7:30pm (Please arrive at 7:15pm)
Rev. Zombie's Voodoo Shop
723 St. Peter St., New Orleans, LA 70125
Between Royal & Bourbon Street, across from Pat O'Brien's Bar
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.