Summary of The Day: On our cruise we will take you to the fascinating, underwater world of the Moreton Bay Marine Park where Bottlenose Dolphins play and Dugongs feed amongst the Giant Logger Head Turtles. This is also the migratory path of the humpback whale (June-Oct). On board, our marine naturalist will entertain you with insightful commentary blending aspects of Marine Mammal behavior with interesting history of the Moreton Bay Islands.
Our guided snorkel tour around the 14 scuttled ships of the Tangalooma Wrecks will amaze you! For over 10 years our crew have been providing a fun, exciting, memorable day and are dedicated to giving you the closest marine encounters possible. Our modern, specifically designed whale and dolphin friendly vessel has 3 large viewing decks guaranteeing all our guests with a rail side position on this ultimate ecotour.
**Example Itinerary (all activity times are approximate)**
- Gold Coast pick ups begin at 7:30am
- Brisbane pick ups begin at 8:50am
- Travelers are transferred to Rivergate Marina, Brisbane
- Meet and greet at Rivergate Marina
- Tea, coffee & biscuits served on board
- Cruise departs at 9:30am
- Safety briefing and lifejacket demonstration
- Cruise out through the Brisbane River with commentary
- Tea, coffee & biscuits continues to be served
- Snorkel forms are distributed for guests to read and sign (available in multiple languages)
- Travel through Moreton Bay Marine Park, to Moreton Island and the Tangalooma Wrecks
- Includes the opportunity to spot wild Dolphins, and other marine species
- Tea, coffee & biscuits stop being served (for safety reasons)
- Marine Eco Tour commences
- The skipper and crew will help to point out Dolphins, Turtles, Dugongs and many more marine animals
- Insightful commentary blending aspects of marine biology, animal behaviour and the history of the Island
- Specially designed vessels allow for guaranteed rail-side position across our 3 large viewing decks
- Buffet lunch is served
- Feast on local Prawns, chicken, a range of different salads and fresh bread rolls
- Sit back and enjoy an ice-cold beer or wine from our licenced bar
- Soft drinks, water, chips and chocolates are also available for purchase
- Relax and unwind during Beach Island time
- Swim in the crystal clear waters or take a stroll along the white sandy beaches
- Climb the sand dunes for a great photo opportunity
- Stay on board and soak up the sun on the vessels sundeck
- Snorkel the famous Tangalooma Wrecks (optional activity, own expense)
- Home to over 200 species of fish, explore the scuttled shipwrecks that have been there for over 50 years
- Spot fish, coral, turtles, and many more marine species!
- Kick back and enjoy the ride home to Rivergate Marina as the sun as sets beautifully over Moreton Bay
- Crew serve tropical fruit platters, a perfect way to finish up a day out on the water
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are served once back in the River
- Vessels arrives at the Marina at 4:30pm in time for departure
Tour will depart from Rivergate Marina, Murarrie. You can make your own way to the departure point. We also offer free pick-up at Hotel Jen, Brisbane, and Sightseeing Cruise Terminal, Gold Coast. Pick-up from other accommodations in Brisbane or Gold Coast is available upon request at an extra AUD 33.00 surcharge fee.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 3-14 years of age
* Children younger than 3 are free of charge. We advise against children under 3 years old joining the tour, however it is ultimately to the parent or guardian. Please advise at time of booking if you are travelling with an infant.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits
Chicken and prawn buffet lunch, fruit platters
Marine eco tour in a catamaran
Beach island time
Free pick-up from Hotel Jen, Brisbane or Sightseeing Cruise Terminal, Gold Coast; pick-up from other accommodations is upon request and requires an additional fee
Please bring: swimmers, towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses.
Please input which hotel you'd like to be picked-up from in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
Tours are weather dependent, in the event of unfavorable sea conditions, the tour may be cancelled. Guests will be contacted.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
For this tour, you can be picked up and dropped off at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast with the surcharge of AUD33 applies.
We offer free pick-up at Hotel Jen, Brisbane, and Sightseeing Cruise Terminal, Gold Coast. Pick-up from other accommodations in Brisbane or Gold Coast is available upon request at an extra AUD33 surcharge fee.
For this tour, tea, coffee, biscuits, chicken and prawn buffet lunch, fruit platters are included. Drinks (licensed bar on board - water, soft drink, beer and wine) are excluded.
Snorkeling is an optional activity on the tour. You have the free time if you don't snorkel.
September is part of the spring season in Australia with average highs at 32° F and lows at 12°F.