Summary of The Day: Enjoy an easy afternoon snowshoeing tour of Marble Canyon, right in Kootenay National Park. Don't worry if you've never showshoed before; this tour is a perfect introduction. introductory tour to snowshoeing.
After picking you up from your hotel we'll head out to Kootenay National Park and admire the dramatic colors of Marble Canyon. See how the pounding and frozen waters of Tokumn Creek have eroded a 40 meter deep limestone gorge. Walk through the forest left standing from the 2003 Kootenay fire and search for snowshoe hare, lynx and wolf tracks while exploring how the landscape is changing and animals are adapting.
Not just a nature tour, this journey will lead you to uncover the history of fur trading in this region, from authentic historic props to detailed descriptions of trapping tools utilized by early traders and settlers.
A highlight for many is the unique Canadian treat - hot maple taffy, made in the snow by your guide.
Please input your hotel address in "meeting point" during booking and we'll confirm the pick-up schedule with you.
We recommend warm and waterproof clothing (for example ski clothing). We strongly recommend waterproof shoes and pants, as you will likely be walking in deep snow. We provide snowshoes and hiking poles. Winter boots can be provided if requested at the time of booking.
We ask you to be ready for 1:15pm and the driver will be there between 1:15pm and 1:30pm. There is a pick up window of 15 minutes for all Banff hotels.
The tour starts at 1:30pm and you are dropped off at approximately 5:30pm
This tour is a great introduction snowshoeing and perfect if you have no experience with it. The hike is approximately 3 km or 1.9 miles.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.