Summary of The Day: Our tour will begin with a private viewing of Stonehenge before it opens to the public during the morning at sunrise. On this tour, we'll see the stones in the eerie morning light. This is followed by our visits to Lacock and Bath.
Built nearly 5,000 years ago, Stonehenge is the most popular prehistoric monument in the world. Most visitors to the site are not allowed direct access to the stones. With this tour, you get that access plus a private viewing of the mysterious monoliths. We will enter the stone circle itself and stand beside the mighty Sarsen rocks towering above us. Our guide will explain the history of this ancient site, pointing out the altar, slaughter and heel stones, above which the sun rises dramatically on the summer solstice. There will be time to enjoy the peace, away from the crowds, as we experience Stonehenge at its most mystical and atmospheric best. Not to be missed!
We'll next travel to Lacock - a little known, picturesque village dating back to the Saxon era. Many of the beautiful buildings originally formed part of an extensive monastic complex and are now owned by The National Trust. So pretty is the village that it has provided the setting for many movies and television dramas including Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" and more recently "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone." We will take a delightful walk before we enjoy breakfast in The George Inn, a vintage English pub built in 1361. (Food/drink not included)
Bath is famous for its elegant Georgian architecture. During your panoramic tour of Bath, you will be enchanted by the town's beautifully proportioned streets. Your guide will also conduct an optional walking tour to show you a charming 17th-century Sally Lunn tea room and the Jane Austin Museum among many other hidden treasures. You'll see Bath Abbey and the much-photographed Pulteney Bridge, modeled on the famous Ponte Vecchio Bridge in Florence. There will be plenty of time to visit Bath Abbey, or to shop and explore. Then we will enter the magnificent Roman Baths, where over one million litres of boiling water still burst free from the hot springs every day. The Roman Baths is the best preserved Roman spa from the ancient world.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 17 and older.
* Child: 3 to 16.
* Children under 3 are free.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Complimentary hotel pick-up service
Entry to Roman Baths and Pump Room
Professional tour escort
Return Transportation by luxury air-conditioned coach
During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used.
Please note at certain times due to the long summer daylight hours it is not possible to see the actual sunrise but we arrive as early as possible to enjoy our private tour inside the stones.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.