Summary of The Day: This fun and dynamic tour of Lima is more than a history lesson, it connects you with the heart and soul of this fascinating Peruvian city, from the people that really know what it’s like to live there - the locals. Ditch the history books, this Lima walking tour will give you everything you need to know!
You’ll meet your local guide at the main door of the Bolivar Hotel, and start the tour by learning a few words of Spanish, something that will come in handy for the rest of your Lima travel experience! Here you’ll also get some insider info on the Bolivar Hotel, before heading out on your adventure through the City of Kings.
You’ll walk along Jiron de la Union, a pedestrian avenue linking Plaza San Martin to Plaza de Armas. Along the way, your local guide will be pointing out the sights along this street, from the hidden gems to the Lima’s classic tales.
Next on this Lima city tour, you’ll dive off the beaten path and make a short stop at San Pedro de Lima Church, an infamous Lima landmark, before heading onwards towards the Central Market. With your local guide, you’ll navigate your way through all the various stalls, checking out the fresh produce and learning about the eating habits of the locals. From jungle, to coast, to ‘altiplano’, or high plains, Peru has a rich and diverse food culture, and you’ll find examples of dishes from all over the country here at this market, and learn about them from a local. Thought Peru didn’t have much of a food scene? You can think again!
As you move ahead on this historical Lima tour you’ll walk through Plaza Bolivar, the perfect place to hear anecdotes about the history of Peru and all of South America. Visit the breath-taking Monasterio San Francisco, home to huge underground catacombs and a building so rich in history that it was named a UNESCO World Heritage site back in 1991. As you take in the views of the building and this square, your local guide will be filling you with knowledge about all that you can see.
After all that learning, it’s time to rest your body and give yourself a break, and the only way to do that in Lima is with a Pisco Sour in hand! Your local guide will take you to the place where this iconic drink was invented, or so they claim…
This Lima tour will come to an end here, where you can continue you on your own exploration of the city, or your local guide will be able to point you in the direction of your accommodation. As a city so important to Peru’s history and culture, it can be hard to know what to do in Lima to really tap into what it is to be a Limeno. With a local by your side on our Lima Discovery tour, you’ll get to know the classic stories and local tales of this fascinating Peruvian city.
Ending point: Maury Hotel, Jr. Ucayali 201 - Lima Downtown.
Latin Americans can be very conscious of appearance so try to be casual but conservative in your dress. Outside of beach areas halter tops and very short shorts should not be worn. When visiting churches or religious sites shoulders and knees should be covered.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.