Summary of The Day: Beginning in the sheltered waters of Acacia Bay, come out with us and explore the secluded Rock Carvings at Mine Bay. Paddle below native bush, past steep cliffs and mini inlets that can only harbor a kayak before the amazing 100 meter-high carvings come into view. Your experienced guide will explain the carving's cultural significance to the lake and surrounding areas while you float beneath them.
On our return we'll stop for gourmet refreshments, where you can take the opportunity to swim in the clear waters of our beautiful lake. If the breeze comes up, we can raft our kayaks together and sail back!
No experience is necessary, as all our trips are guided and full instruction is given. Our double kayaks are safe and easy for everyone to use. Children under the age of 12, must be accompanied by an adult in our kayaks.
This is truly a unique trip and one you will remember forever.
Tour departs from unit 2, 876 Acacia Bay Road, Acacia Bay, Taupo at 10:00am from May to September, at 8:30am or 1:30pm from October to April.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 11 and younger
* Tour prices are based on NZD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Complimentary Pick-up/Drop-off from Taupo CBD (Please note your location when booking)
Departure times can be flexible with times for group bookings.
What to bring: Water Bottle, Comfortable clothing to paddle in - NO jeans - Sandals / aqua shoes (or footwear that can get wet), sun glasses, hat, sun block / insect repellent, and a camera.
For December to February: swimwear, a towel, and a plastic (shopping) bag for wet gear.
For May to August: a fleece/warm hat, thermals or fleece tops.
A spare change of clothing is not necessary, as we do not take them on our trips.
For the boat trip, a warm set of clothing (trousers/ track pants, jacket, fleece top, etc) is highly recommended.
- Paddle jacket
- Life jacket (buoyancy vest)
- Spray skirt / deck
- Pogies (paddling gloves)
- Dry bags for clothing / camera
- Double Kayaks / paddles
- Group safety and emergency gear
- First Aid kit
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.