Summary of The Day: Mojave Desert, Joshua Tree City and Joshua Tree National Park
After picking everyone up in Los Angeles, we head directly to the Mojave desert and Joshua Tree city where we will check out some of the art and the oddities of the desert. We'll head to Joshua Tree National Park in the late morning to see some of the great highlights of this little known park. We'll make a quick lunch to enjoy on the large granite boulders of Hall of Horrors. There are great bouldering/rock climbing opportunities here, a number of hikes to abandoned mining operations, and the Barker dam hike gives us a base for exploring the history of the area with it's recent cattle ranching and pictographs from a more distant past.
We will continue exploring the park until sunset, when we will head back to Joshua Tree city for a great dinner at one of the restaurants in town. We may stop for a little stargazing, and then be back on our way to Los Angeles, arriving around 9-10pm.
- Down-to-earth and passionate tour guides
- Take in the vastness of 360° natural landscapes
- Snap awesome photos and share them with friends
- Enjoy the ride in comfort with air conditioning
- Discover ever-changing desert art of this unique community
- Climb around mountains of huge monzo-granite boulders
- Enjoy beginner to moderate level hiking
- Explore the majestic Mojave Desert
- Experience historic and cultural sites along the way
- Check out alien architecture with 'healing powers'
- Go back in time at popular old western movie set
- See cool stuff while on hikes: old pictographs, seasonal rock climbers
If you want to make sure that your trip will visit certain sites, it's best to Contact Us to verify. Check out some of the options below:
- Noah Purifoy's "Environment of Sculptures"
Noah Purifoy's art installation near the park entrance is made primarily from reclaimed materials that were either purchased from a local landfill or gifted to Mr. Purifoy by local residents. Visitors are free to explore inside some the the art pieces and apply their own interpretations. - The Integratron "The fusion of art, science and magic"
Built by George van Tassel, the Integratron is a parabolic dome constructed almost entirely of wood. Because of it's shape, sounds have interesting effects inside the dome; it was purportedly built to perform cell rejuvenation therapies shared with van Tassel by extra-terrestrials visiting from Venus . . . regardless of what you believe about it's origins, the Integratron is one of the most unique sites to see and experience in California, and possibly even the world. When it is operating, we will visit here for a 1 hour sound bath/relaxation session and then head into the park for some hiking and exploring.
- Pioneertown, California
Built in the 40's by Roy Rogers and other Hollywood investors, Pioneertown started out as a movie set but has taken on a life of it's own and now hosts a number of events throughout the year.
Imagine yourself a movie star in a western, or a bandit out in the 'wild,wild west" . . . or simply enjoy a beer or a quick set at the original bowling alley.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*The same price per person applies for adults and children
*A $50/person non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of booking confirmation. For your convenience, this deposit is already calculated and included in your tour fee when you make your reservation
*Cancellations made between 60 and 15 days of prior to the departure date of the tour receive a full refund minus the deposit amount
*Cancellations made 14 days or less prior to the departure date of the tour receive no refund
First-aid and CPR certified guide
Private transport in air-conditioned tour vehicle
Delicious vegetarian lunch prepared by your guide as you explore one of the many sites on this adventure
We pride ourselves on making sure you are well taken care of, whether you're with us for a day or a week. Just show up! We take care of the rest.
Pickup Locations: Santa Monica and downtown Los Angeles, at Union Station. Please indicate where you would like to be picked up in the "Comments" section when you make your reservation.
All listed tour dates are guaranteed to depart with your reservation.
A $50/person non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of booking confirmation. For your convenience, this deposit is already calculated and included in your tour fee when you make your reservation.
Cancellations made between 60 and 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour receive a full refund minus the deposit amount.
Cancellations made 14 days or less prior to the departure date of the tour receive no refund.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
You will explore the park until sunset, then head back to Joshua Tree city for a great dinner at one of the restaurants in town.
To place your order for a reservation online, simply select your desired tour start date and the number of rooms you need/ travelers you are booking for on the upper right portion of the tour information page, then click on "BOOK NOW".