Summary of The Day: "EAT, DRINK, AND BE MERRY!” More appropriate words have rarely been uttered when talking about the Historic Downtown Pub Crawl. There is simply no better way to experience pub culture in Houston.
The Historic Downtown Pub Tour will immerse you in the history of this lively Texas city by the best means possible - through its bars! This Houston night tour will take you to four bars in the historic center of Houston, giving you a variety of different atmospheres in which to relax. Locations can vary each night depending on opening hours, but there are so many great Houston bars we’ll never be without options.
The tour starts at Barringer Bar, a gorgeous spot inside the old (1870s) Houston Dry Goods & Notion Warehouse. You’ll meet your local guide and enjoy a drink while learning about how rough and tumble early Houston could be. Don’t forget your spurs and dueling pistols!
After some introductions, you’ll travel around the block to a bar in an old watch and jewelry store, where you’ll learn a little about the railroad and its legacy here in Houston.
Next, you’ll take a stroll through Market Square Park, a small urban oasis complete with restaurants, sculptures, memorials, and remnants from old Houston buildings and sidewalks. This spot is a hive of activity and full of Houston history.
This park is ringed by bars and pubs inside historic buildings, including a tailor shop that becomes a bar at night, a charity bar that believes in the connection between food, drink, and community, plus many more authentic Houston bars. With your local guide to show you all the points of interest, you’ll be sure to get the inside scoop on more than one of these historic gems.
After learning about the buildings in the square, you’ll make your last stop in a more elegant bar to get a picture in the oldest elevator in Houston. It’s the perfect way to finish off a fun-filled evening in Houston’s historic downtown district.
Ending point: Dean’s Downtown, 316 Main St., Houston
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing. The weather from May-November can be hot and humid. The weather from December-February can be cold. Please check the local weather forecast and dress appropriately in case of rain and/or high winds.
Parking is free downtown after 6:00pm on Monday-Saturday and all day Sunday. Otherwise, you can choose from on-street parking meters, indoor parking garages, and outdoor parking lots. For more information about parking downtown, go to www.DowntownHouston.org.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.