Half Day Tour to Waimea Canyon & Fern Grotto, Kauai
- Tour Code:
- Start City:
Kauai, HI, USA
- End City:
Kauai, HI, USA
- 10 hours
- Tour Type:
Jan 1st 2015 - Dec 31st 2015: Tue/Thu/Sat
Get 68 Reward Points Buy This Tour and Earn 68 Points
See how it works
Witness Kauai's most awe-inspiring wonders on this full-day tour. It starts big with a visit to the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific," Waimea Canyon. Ten miles long and over a half mile deep, it's a truly breathtaking "must-see" for any Kauai visitor. Multi-colored rock and red lava beds tell the geological story of the island, as will your knowledgeable tour guide. (You might also hear a Hawaiian legend or two.) The area is made up of lush valleys, dense rainforests and hidden waterfalls like nowhere else on earth. Adding to the already overwhelming natural beauty, you'll take a boat trip up the Wailua River to mystical Fern Grotto, said to be the most romantic place in Hawaii. As you float down the river, you see the fern-lined lava cave, a popular spot for marriage ceremonies. Listen carefully and you'll hear The Hawaiian Wedding Song echo through its passages. Also on the agenda is a 40-foot waterfall photo opportunity. Opaekaa Falls will be flowing in all of its majesty, with Makaleha Mountains and a restored Hawaiian village posing in the background. Spectacular lookouts, blowholes, sacred sites and historical landmarks are also part of the tour, so be prepared to be amazed.
Departure Times: (Please remark your prefered departure time and location when booking.)
Departs 7:45am-8:00am Returns 5:30pm-5:45pm
Departs 8:00am-8:15am Returns 5:45pm-6:00pm
Departs 8:12am Returns 6:00pm
Departs 8:45am Returns 6:40pm
Please Note: The pick up location on Kalia Road (Trolley stop) will no longer be available till 2/28/2015 due to road maintenance.
And the alternate pick up location is at Hilton Hawaiian Village, Tapa Tower Front Area.
Please note on Saturday, September 20, 2014,KalakauaAvenue will be closed from 4pm between Lewers Street and Kealohilani Avenue due to the Waikiki Ho’olaulea.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult age: 12 or up.
*Child age: 4 -11.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off to chosen location (see Pick-up Time and Locations)
- Ground transportation in air-conditioned tour coach during the trip
- Professional tour escort
- Airfares or related transportation between your home and Kauai Island or chosen pickup location
- All personal expenses
- Optional tours (Prices may vary depending on availability)
- Above prices are subject to change due to additional transportation fee depending on your hotel pickup location. Please contact us to offer your specific hotel location after booking. We need to know where your hotel is so we can give you instructions about transportation. Most times we are able to pick you up at your hotel or a nearby hotel. Otherwise, you will be instructed on where to wait for your pick up when we confirm your order.
- Please arrive at hotel pickup location 10-15 minutes prior to pickup. All times are approximations. The real pick up time depends on the hotel distance.
- Moderate walking; please wear walking shoes and dress comfortably (expect sun, wind and at times rain conditions).
- Children under the age of 4 are free and must be seated on an adult's lap. If you require a seat for a child under 4, please purchase a child's admission.
- In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
|Your guide speaks the language.|
|A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.|