Summary of The Day: If there is one thing you should do when you visit the Canadian Rockies, it is the Glacier Adventure. This once-in-a-lifetime excursion will leave you feeling exhilarated and inspired, with an amazing ride on a massive Ice Explorer to trek onto the surface of the Athabasca Glacier. Then, take a jaw-dropping walk along the glass-floored Glacier Skywalk at the cliff’s edge.
The adventure begins with a ride onto the surface of the Athabasca Glacier in the all-terrain Ice Explorer – a massive vehicle specially designed for glacier travel. On this thrilling trip, an experienced driver-guide will share a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on our environment.
Your tour includes a stop along the glacier, where you can walk on the ice and fill your water bottle with fresh glacier water. It’s the perfect time to capture the beauty of the icefield’s breathtaking mountain setting.
The grand finale to this experience is a stroll along the cliff-edged walkway of the Glacier Skywalk, where giant glaciers rest above and the spectacular glacier-formed Sunwapta Valley teems with wildlife below. Experience waterfalls, wildlife, fossils and more on this exciting 1-kilometre cliff-edged walkway that leads to a platform where glass is all that separates you from a 918-foot drop. The entire journey is presented in an interpretive storytelling format that will leave you feeling connected to a natural world that few people get to experience.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult: 16 and above
Any children 5 and under can ride the Gondola for free
*Prices are subject to change; please contact us for a quotation before making your reservation.
*Tour prices are based on CAD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
The safety of our guests is our biggest priority. If we experience severe weather that we feel will put our guests at risk we will close the Glacier Skywalk. Such unusual, severe weather would include lightning, blizzard conditions, severe rain or extreme winds.
The Glacier Skywalk is located at Latitude 52.261381, Longitude -117.280862, however no parking is available at the Glacier Skywalk itself. We ask guests to use our free shuttle service leaving from the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre located at Latitude 52.220281, Longitude -117.2249.
Shuttle buses are scheduled to run continuously every 15-30 minutes throughout the daily hours of operation departing from the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre. Those who pre-purchased their tickets online or in Banff, Lake Louise and Calgary will be accommodated on the first available shuttle bus.
To limit the environmental footprint of the Glacier Skywalk, we have not installed or equipped the Glacier Skywalk with washroom facilities. Guests will need to use the washrooms at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre, before or after their visit to the Glacier Skywalk.
The Glacier Skywalk and Discovery Trail should not be slippery, and our staff will be working to keep it clear of snow & ice in the event of poor weather conditions. However we are at the will of nature and therefore, recommend that guests wear appropriate closed-toe footwear with a gripping sole; solid running shoes or hiking boots would be best.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.