Summary of The Day: Nestled in lush rainforest, the Glacier Hot Pools is a haven of natural tranquillity and the perfect way for visitors to unwind and experience a blissful state of pure relaxation after travelling along Te Tai o Poutini (The West Coast) or enjoying one of its many attractions.
The Glacier Hot Pools are fed by the rainforest surrounding Ka - Roimata o Hinehukatere, the frozen tears of Hinehukatere for her lost love. According to the legends of Nga - i Tahu (the local Ma - ori tribe), these tears of aroha (love) were frozen by the gods, forming what is known worldwide as the Franz Josef Glacier, or to Nga - i Tahu as Ka - Roimata o Hinehukatere - The Frozen Tears of Hinehukatere.
The three invitingly warm Main Pools and three secluded Private Pools are nestled within the bosom of Ta - ne Mahuta - Guardian of the Forest with his children, the native bush and birdlife creating a tranquil space to revive your tinana (body), hinengaro (mind) and wairua (spirit).
The pools are conveniently located in the heart of Franz Josef township on Cron Street, and can be enjoyed all year round.
All our pools have been gifted their names by our local Maori tribe, Te Runanga o Makaawhio, and reflect our values of relaxation and rejuvenation at the Glacier Hot Pools.
The perfect way to relax after a day exploring the West Coast.
- All pools offer shelter from the rainforest, making this the perfect all weather activity.
- Entry is for single use, unlimited time, for the Main Pools.
- Return passes are available.
Nestled back in the rainforest for privacy and tranquillity.
- Private changing facilities with complimentary towels.
- Complimentary Main Pool access with every Private Pool.
- Fresh rainforest water is re-filtered after every use.
- Private Pools are 45 minutes in duration.
|USD $18.56||USD $15.81|
|+USD $14.09||+USD $16.84|
|+USD $7.78||+USD $10.53|
|+USD $3.78||+USD $6.53|
* Adult: 17 and older|
* Child: 5-16 years old
* Children younger than 5 are free of charge.
* Children need to be supervised by an adult at all times. Each pool is approximately 1 meter deep.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand Dollar (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.