Summary of The Day: Nestled in lush rainforest, the Glacier Hot Pools is a haven of natural tranquillity and the perfect way for visitors to unwind and experience a blissful state of pure relaxation after travelling along Te Tai o Poutini (The West Coast) or enjoying one of its many attractions.
The Glacier Hot Pools are fed by the rainforest surrounding Ka - Roimata o Hinehukatere, the frozen tears of Hinehukatere for her lost love. According to the legends of Nga - i Tahu (the local Ma - ori tribe), these tears of aroha (love) were frozen by the gods, forming what is known worldwide as the Franz Josef Glacier, or to Nga - i Tahu as Ka - Roimata o Hinehukatere - The Frozen Tears of Hinehukatere.
The three invitingly warm Main Pools and three secluded Private Pools are nestled within the bosom of Ta - ne Mahuta - Guardian of the Forest with his children, the native bush and birdlife creating a tranquil space to revive your tinana (body), hinengaro (mind) and wairua (spirit).
The pools are conveniently located in the heart of Franz Josef township on Cron Street, and can be enjoyed all year round.
All our pools have been gifted their names by our local Maori tribe, Te Runanga o Makaawhio, and reflect our values of relaxation and rejuvenation at the Glacier Hot Pools.
The perfect way to relax after a day exploring the West Coast.
- All pools offer shelter from the rainforest, making this the perfect all weather activity.
- Entry is for single use, unlimited time, for the Main Pools.
- Return passes are available.
Nestled back in the rainforest for privacy and tranquillity.
- Private changing facilities with complimentary towels.
- Complimentary Main Pool access with every Private Pool.
- Fresh rainforest water is re-filtered after every use.
- Private Pools are 45 minutes in duration.
Address: Cron Street, Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand.
* Adult: 17 and older
* Child: 5-16 years old
* Children younger than 5 are free of charge.
* Children need to be supervised by an adult at all times. Each pool is approximately 1 meter deep.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand Dollar (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Choose the ticket types below:
- Main Pools (90 minutes entry): NZD 27 for adult, NZD 23 for child
- Private Pools for 2 (includes towels and entry to the Main Pools): NZD 95
- Private Pools for 3 (includes towels and entry to the Main Pools): NZD 115
- Private Pools for 4 (includes towels and entry to the Main Pools): NZD 130
Each of the public pools holds the following volumes of water: Pool 1 is 25 cubic mtrs and holds 25,000 ltrs Pool 2 is 43 cubic mtrs and holds 43,000 ltrs Pool 3 is 41 cubic mtrs and holds 41,000 ltrs.
You have unlimited time in the public pools. Each private pool session is for 45 mins, after which you can then enjoy the public pools.
Lockers are available outside the changing rooms costing just NZD 2.00 for 2 hours. In addition, there are cubbyholes by the poolside. Items left here are done so at the owner's risk.
Both towels and swimwear are available to hire for a cost of NZD 5.00. Of course you are more than welcome to bring your own.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.