Summary of The Day: Prepare your taste buds for an epic foodie adventures in Florence! This Florence food tour delves into the markets of the city, which as we all know can only mean one thing - local food and culture galore!
Jump right in to the local Florence food scene by checking out typical delicatessens where Florentines do their daily shop for fresh produce. Most of the vendors in the delicatessens are the actual owners of the shops, and they usually specialize in the specific products that they sell, making them the ultimate food experts. For instance, you'll meet Lorenzo at his fabulous food store that specializes in Parmigiano Reggiano, balsamic vinegar, and prosciutto from some of the best areas in Italy. If you're going to make friends with anyone in Florence, make friends with Lorenzo.
As if that's not enough, we'll enjoy a cappuccino at the best boutique chocolate shop in town, and, of course, nab a chocolate or two while we're there! And right by the iconic Duomo is the oldest wine cellar in Florence, which we'll be sure to check out.
Your Florence tour will continue by paying a visit to one of Florence’s most vibrant marketplaces and getting to know it the way locals do. See locals shop for their daily meals and witness how every stand at the grower’s market displays a selection of mouthwatering products.
We’ll make stops at local farmers’ stands and check out fresh buffalo mozzarella, ricotta, and other cheeses. We’ll taste cured Tuscan prosciutto sliced by hand, fresh bread and roasted porchetta, as well as sample olives direct from the farmer’s home on the Amalfi Coast. This Florence market is packed with so many delicious goodies that you could spend all day wandering around sampling them! Plus, with a local to guide you, you'll learn all about the traditions behind these foods.
In the indoor part of the market, we’ll feast our eyes on handmade pasta, cheese, fish, meat and poultry. Tempt yourself as we wander between stand upon stand of incredibly delicious, fresh, local fare.
We’ll end this Florence market tour on yet another high note, with a glass of wine (or Italian soda) accompanied by delicious toasted bread and seasonal toppings made by Marco, the owner of our final stop.
Many come to Italy to savor the cuisine, here’s your chance to savour it the way locals do!
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11
* Children younger than 6 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please check in at the departure location 15 minutes before the tour begins.
You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.