Summary of The Day: From Union Station DC Ducks waddle down to the mall where you'll see the awe inspiring monuments and fabulous Smithsonian Museums. Then at the Potomac River you'll splash down for a whole different look at the nation's capital. From the land to the water, it's ALL IN THE SAME VEHICLE!
The wise quacking captains will entertain you with anecdotes, well researched historical facts and the corniest jokes you've ever heard! Ducks depart hourly from Union Station. The 90 minute, fully narrated tour covers the mall, museums, monuments and splashing down in the Potomac.
During the tour you will enjoy a scenic river cruise, before returning to Union Station.
Operating Times: Tours run daily from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, every half hour on the hour.
Travelers without an e-Ticket voucher must go to the ticket booth location with invoice order number. Your eTicket does not guarantee seats on the tour for any certain date or time. All seating is on a first come, first served basis. We advise you to redeem your eTickets early in the day as this popular tour often sells out by noon. DC Ducks guests can report to the Union Station ticket desk in the front lobby as early as 8:00 am. Parking is available at Union Station. Tour is subject to change without notice due to weather conditions.
Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Ave. NE Washington, DC 20001.
Massachusetts Ave and 1st St NE
All times are approximations. Please arrive at the boarding location 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay in D.C. with our 13 year old son. We did the D.C. Ducks tour on a Monday morning with Captain Steve and had a BLAST. We arrived at Union Station at 9:10am and were able to hop on the 9:30 t...our right away. (you go inside the main door to pay and then line up at the Duck tour station outside) Captain Steve was very knowledgeable and a lot of fun.
It was a great way to see the city and get a feel for the way things are laid out, so I wish we had hopped on this tour our first day there. The water portion of the tour was relaxing and fun, as well.
My #1 tip is to sit on the right side of the boat for the best picture-taking position.
I do agree that the duck quacker things are a little obnoxious but not too bad and Capt. Steve waited til very close to the end to hand them out, so it wasn't a big deal at all. I'm sure the little kids loved them. :)
The ride was right on 1.5 hour mark, as the website says.
I highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting D.C. Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.