Queenstown - Glenorchy - Mt Aspiring National Park - Glenorchy - Queenstown
Summary of The Day: Dart River Funyaks is an amazing journey deep into the heart of the world-renowned Mt Aspiring National Park. Get up-close with nature with a gentle paddle on crystal clear waters.
Combine wilderness jet boating with unique ‘Funyak’ inflatable canoes for a fun way to explore the Dart River as well as hidden side streams, rock pools and dramatic chasms. Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this stunning area at your own pace as you float downstream on sparkling water, then enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch before heading past ‘Paradise’ and on to Glenorchy.
After picking you up from your hotel, sit back, relax and enjoy the fantastic lakeside scenery on our complimentary courtesy bus to Glenorchy with an entertaining narrative from your local driver describing Lake Wakatipu and its legends. The spectacular 46km drive from Queenstown to Glenorchy is one of the world’s Top 10 scenic drives.
Then get ready for an hour of highspeed wilderness jet boating through the clear waters of the Dart River into the Te Waipounamu World Heritage Area and your Funyak launch site. Here, our professional, friendly guides take you on an inspiring adventure as you gently drift in your own Funyak
Take your time and find those ‘special spots’ where flora, fauna and the power of nature combine to create magic. Stop along the way and enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch. Along the way learn about the Pounamu (Greenstone) that made the Dart River a key trading route for early Maori
We'll travel on a backcountry route back to Glenorchy and immerse yourself in scenes and backdrops from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies before returning to Queenstown.
Hotel pick-up is available in this tour. Please indicate the name and address of your hotel in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
Or you may self tranfser to our pick-up points at the Queenstown Information Centre (74 Shotover Street Queenstown 9300) at 7:45am and from Dart River Wilderness Jet & Funyaks (45 Mull St, Glenorchy 9372) at 8:45am. Please input "Self Transfer" in the "Meeting Point" box if you do not wish to be picked-up at your hotel.
This tour returns approximately at 3:45pm at Glenorchy and 4:45pm at Queenstown.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 years of age and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* Children under the age of 5 are not permitted.
* Minimum child height of 1 meter applies which may be increased to 1.2m in some conditions.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand Dollar (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Professional and friendly guide
Hotel pick up, drop off
Scenic bus tour to Mount Aspiring National Park
Funyak (kayak) tour
An hour of high-speed wilderness jet boating
A wilderness picnic lunch
Wetsuit, wetsuit booties, fleeces, spray jackets and dry bags
Life jackets are mandatory and supplied along with optional spray jackets, wetsuits & booties and fleece tops.
We recommend you bring your own sunglasses, sun hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, camera and warm outer layer in summer; and wear thermals, warm clothing plus hat, gloves, woolen socks, windproof jacket, sunglasses, insect repellent and camera in winter.
Bring swimwear and towel year round. No experience required.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.