Summary of The Day: Join a city tour of Bogota to visit memorable and relevant sights of Bogota with a quick, half day journey through the city accompanied by an expert guide with wide historical and present knowledge of Colombia.
We'll begin with a visit to the Monserrate Sanctuary, located within the imposing Eastern Hills of the city, at an altitude of 3150 meters above sea level. Ascending to the top of the mountain on a cable car, we will reach the most notorious pilgrimage point of the city and perhaps the most incredible lookout spot of the capital below. This is the best spot to grasp the historical and spatial contextualization of the city.
Following that, we will descend towards the picturesque cobbled streets of La Candelaria. We will visit the Botero Museum which keeps works of the eccentric artist Fernando Botero - who has become an icon of Colombian contemporary art. We will also stop at Chorro de Quevedo and appreciate the diverse contrast that the downtown historical center offers, in order to properly understand Colombian history.
After the walking tour in La Candelaria, we will reach Plaza de Bolívar; the historical epicenter of Bogotá. It is here that administrative and governmental buildings - those that have been icons of the historical processes carried out in our country - surround the main square of the Plaza. We will have the chance to enter the Prime Cathedral.
Finally, we will cross La Candelaria’s border by el Eje Ambiental, where we will become immersed in the most impressive collection of indigenous gold in the world at the Gold Museum. As you leave, you'll have the chance to shop at the handicrafts market at Parque Santander.
This tour is available in the morning and afternoon.
The morning pick-up time is at 8:30am and drop-off is at 1:00pm
The afternoon pick-up time is at 2:00pm and drop-off is at 6:30pm
**Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
The order of the tour itinerary can be modified due to weather conditions.
The Gold Museum is closed on Monday, however we can change it for another museum according to group's interests. If there is another place of interest you'd like to include in the tour, please let us know in advance and we will be glad to include it for you.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.