Summary of The Day: For decades after the Second World War, there were two Berlins: one a bastion of the West behind the Iron Curtain, the other a capital city vying to demonstrate the superiority of Communism. Learn how the Allied Powers divided Berlin into four sectors at the end of the War and walk along Stalinallee, the representative boulevard in the East with its wedding-cake architecture designed to illustrate Communist might.
We'll visit the Wall Memorial at Bernauer Strasse to get a sense of the complexity of security measures designed to prevent East Germans from reaching West Berlin. We'll learn about the risks many took to escape and thus thwart the efforts of the notorious state security service, the Stasi.
We'll visit Gethsemane Church in Prenzlauer Berg, where many courageous East German civil rights activists gathered in the late 1980's to protest the regime and helped usher in the peaceful revolution that culminated in Germany’s reunification.
See where these efforts first led to the breaching of the Wall at Bornholmer Strasse and learn how courageous East Berliners managed to prevent the shredding of files at Stasi headquarters, allowing important insights into the inner workings of the regime.
Our tour will end at centrally located Alexanderplatz, another East German showpiece featuring the monumental TV Tower.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 26 and older
* Child: 12-25 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 12 accompanied by an adult.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
We use public transport on this tour. If you have a valid rail pass, please bring it with you or buy a train ticket from the guide (AB day pass at 7.00 Euros).
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.