Summary of The Day: If you think Greek food is just feta cheese, olives and moussaka, think again. On this tour we debunk the myth surrounding Greek food and set the record straight about one of the most underrated cuisines in the world.
Your guide will meet you in Kotzia Square. Located in the heart of Athens, Kotzia Square is surrounded by gorgeous Neoclassical buildings constructed in the early 18th century.
Your local guide will then show you the best of Central Market, taking you to places few tourists venture, introducing you to several different Greek specialties, from the simple koulouri (a round-shaped bread with sesame seeds) and delicate local pastries, to the Greek staples of feta cheese and olives. We'll also have either an invigorating Greek coffee in winter or a cold frappe in summer. Athens food is a heady mix of old and new, traditional and modern, and this tour is the perfect way to taste the entire spectrum of flavors.
The next stop on our culinary tour of Athens is a Greek deli selling traditional meats and other goods. The proprietor will be happy to tell you all about the delectable items for sale in his shop, and if you're nice enough, he may even give you a sample!
Our final stop is Monastiraki Square. Your guide will be happy to recommend other highly-rated eateries and restaurants in the vicinity.
This tour ends at Monastiraki Square Metro Station.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under 6 years of age join the tour free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart.
No more than 12 people per group.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.