Summary of The Day: A day spent in the Borderlands of Scotland and England. Our tour follows the ancient Roman Dere Street that connected Scottish Caledonia with Roman Britannia through the Scottish Borders.
Stopping in the Borders town of Kelso, you can explore this handsome town with what is thought to be Scotland’s largest market square. You will also see the ruins of Kelso Abbey, one of the reminders of the many ancient conflicts between Scotland and England.
Continuing South you will cross the border and travel to imposing Alnwick Castle, one of the great castles of Northumberland that has stood for nearly a millenium. Originally built to protect the north of England from invaders, more recently Alnwick Castle and its perfectly manicured gardens have found fame as one of the settings for the fictional Hogwarts school in the Harry Potter movie series.
After almost 3 hours to explore Alnwick Castle you travel north along the Northumberland Coast, one of the UK’s most outstanding area’s of natural beauty. Stopping along the way to admire some of the area’s best known beaches, castles and ancient Border towns.
Continuing north along the rugged coast of Berwickshire and East Lothian you will return to Edinburgh, arriving at Waterloo Place at around 7:00pm.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15
* Children younger than 5 are not permitted.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Transportation by top of the range Mercedes minicoach
Air conditioning as standard
Services of a professional driver/guide
Lunch and refreshments
Entrance to Alnwick Castle and Gardens and any other attractions on tour
Because we believe in time off the bus and give you opportunities to take nature walks we recommend you bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour. Scotland can be a wet place!! Falkland Palace is closed November to Easter.
Unless otherwise notified passengers are restricted to one medium sized suitcase/bag (maximum 15 kilos) and one carry-on bag per person.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.