Summary of The Day: You will be picked up from your Alice Springs accommodation at 5:30am and meet up with the rest of your group to begin your 3 day camping adventure!
Your first destination is Kings Canyon where we'll enjoy a 3 hour hike through the sandstone domes of the Lost City. While here, we'll visit the Amphitheatre, North and South Walls, and the Garden of Eden.
Next up, we'll head to Curtin Springs and set up the bush camp for your overnight stay. Your guide will prepare a healthy camp-oven dinner. Relax around the fire then curl up in your cozy swag under a million stars.
Lunch and dinner are included.
This tour departs at 5:30AM from Alice Springs with pick-up available from YHA Alice Springs, Diplomat Motel, Alice Lodge, Alice's Secret Travellers Inn, and Haven Resort.
Summary of The Day: We'll leave our bush camp just after Sunrise and head to Ayers Rock Campground for a quick shower and toilet stop before heading off to The Olgas. Feel the spiritual significance on your guided walk through to the Valley of the Winds at Kata Tjuta. Be shown bush tucker along the hike before heading to the Aboriginal Cultural Centre in the afternoon where you can listen to tales from the 'Tjukurpa' Dreamtime.
We'll spend the evening enjoying dinner at the spectacular sunset over Uluru. Witness the awesome sight of Uluru changing color. We spend this night at the Ayers Rock Campground with toilets and showers.
Summary of The Day: We'll leave the Ayers Rock Campground before sunrise and take in a memorable Uluru Sunrise over the World’s Largest Rock. You then have time to complete an Uluru Base Walk around Uluru. You will see beautiful sites such as the Mala Walk, Mutijulu Waterhole and Aboriginal Cave Paintings.
We'll stop on the way home for an optional Camel Ride at the Camel Farm (own expense). You will arrive back in Alice Springs at approximately 5:30pm. Back to civilization, get cleaned up and we meet later with your guide for dinner and a couple of beers at The Rock Bar.
Breakfast and lunch is included today.
The tour will end at The Rock Bar, 2/78 Todd St, Alice Springs NT 0870, Australia.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Not recommended for children under 10 years
* Tours4fun reserves the right to amend itineraries, change carriers & apply surcharges without notice.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
2 nights camping in swag
Small-group tour (Maximum 21 travelers)
Transport by air-conditioned bus
Meals as per itinerary
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Professional Tour Guide
AUD 25 Uluru parking fee, payable at the time of tour
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
What to Bring:
Please bring a small bag, sturdy walking shoes, a flashlight, a hat, sunscreen, 2 water bottles, towel, swimmers, toiletries, camera and sunglasses. Warm clothes for the winter and comfortable light fitting clothes for the summer.
You will need 2 large 1.5 Litre bottles to take on the tour. You will need at least 3 litres of water for the Kings Canyon hike and will more than likely drink 4 to 5 litres of water on this day. You will need the same amount of water for the Olgas hike on Day 2 and Ayers Rock hike on Day 3. Our buses carry 60 litres of water on board and your guide will most definitely guarantee you will not dehydrate on the hikes. There are several points during the tour to fill up your water bottles.
Winter nights are often below zero degrees (May-Sept) so you will need a good sleeping bag. If you don't have one of your own, you can hire one from us for AUD 15.00. Ours are washed after every tour and are minus 10 degrees rated...nice and warm. Please indicate if you would like to rent a sleeping bag in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
Summer (Nov-Mar) average over 30 degrees Celsius. During the peak of summer temperatures can reach 40 degrees Celsius or more. Winter daytime temperatures are pleasant, usually around 20-25 degrees Celsius.
Summer (Nov-Mar) it is quite warm at night, around 15-25 degrees Celsius and 35 degrees plus during the day. Winter (May-Sept) it is a lot colder, usually around 1 degree Celsius at night and 15 to 20 degrees during the day. June and July can get very cold at night, often below zero.
What's a Swag?
A swag is made out of heavy duty canvas, sewn into a cocoon-like bag providing warmth, comfort and security - the ultimate of all bush beds! They have a 2 inch thick comfy mattress. You sleep inside your sleeping bag inside your swag so your body heat is trapped inside your sleeping bag and swag. A lot warmer than a tent!
All our Toyota Coaster buses are air-conditioned & carry a maximum of 21 people.
Please advise any specific dietary requirements in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
The tour goes daily except for a few days over the festive period (no tours on 12/23 - 12/26, 12/30 - 1/1.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Positively, there will be 3 hours walk for this tour. It will be a coaster bus. You will use swags.
Currently, 16th November 2016 is available. We do have limited seats available on this date. We suggest you make your reservation now before the tour desire date is no longer available.
To place your order for a reservation online, simply select your desired tour start date and the number of rooms you need/ travelers you are booking for on the upper right section of the tour information page, then click on "BOOK NOW".