Wine Lovers Wine Country Tour
Summary of The Day: The tour might be all Napa Valley, or all Sonoma Valley, or some of both. The guide will spend some time in the first hour discussing the options and taking suggestions. The group can decide to go to both Sonoma and Napa Valley, or concentrate on just one “neighborhood”. This usually means visiting from four to six boutique wineries in one day. On the rest of the drive north, the guide will fill guests in on the colorful history of California and wine making therein, and the short drives between wineries afford time to talk about the science and art of wine making, and wine tasting, and other fascinating topics. Olive oil and gourmet cheese tasting where available.
- Wineries are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- or similar
Summary of The Day: You will experience the Cellhouse and explore the Island. You will step back in time and experience the legendary island that has been a civil war fort, a military prison, and one of the most notorious federal penitentiaries in US history. This memorable tour includes: 45 minute audio presentation "Doing Time: The Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour," featuring actual correctional officers and prisoners who lived and worked on the Island; orientation video by Discovery Channel; ranger and docent tours; historic gardens and abundant wildlife.
Your ferry ticket is reserved for a specific time. The ferry ride from San Francisco to the island takes approximately 10-15 minutes. It takes roughly between 2 and 2.5 hours to do the full tour and just enough time to grab a souvenir.
- Alcatraz is even more popular now than the years before and we therefore recommend booking Alcatraz Packages at least one month prior to the departure. Alcatraz tour will take place in the afternoon and once we confirm an Alcatraz package, Alcatraz tickets are non-refundable. Please contact us to confirm whether Alcatraz ticket is available on the day you choose, if it is not available, we will refund you Alcatraz ticket fee.
Please call us to verify that Alcatraz tickets are available for your desired departure date if it is approaching.***
***We do not offer hotel reservation for this tour; please arrange your hotel accommodation on your own before starting your tour.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $186.50||USD $122.50|
*This tour meets a minimum number of 4 passengers. In case we are unable to meet the minimum number on a tour we will touch base with you. Thanks for your understanding.
*Adult age: 11 or older
Complimentary pick-up and drop-off to chosen location (Please remark your hotel location in the comments column when booking)
Ground transportation in air-conditioned tour coach
Professional tour escort
Airfares or related transportation between your home and San Francisco airport or chosen pickup location
All personal expenses including hotel and meals
Wine Tasting Fees
Service fee for tour guide/driver(15% recommended)
- For child under 8 years old:
Please note that for your child's safety, we require you to bring a child safety seat or booster seat for all children that are not at least 8 years of age or 4' 9" or 144 cm in height as dictated by California State Law. You will be required to provide your own child seat on all motor vehicle tours. Failure to provide a seat for your child will result in forfeiture of your seats on the tour without refund. If your child is 8 years or older or 4’9” in height you do not need to provide a child seat, however, please let us know.
- You need to present voucher and bring a Photo ID.
- No food is allowed on Alcatraz Island.
- We recommend booking Alcatraz packages at least 3 weeks in advance to ensure availability.
- This tour is non-refundable once you buy.
- We offer pick-up at major hotels in downtown San Francisco or Fisherman's Wharf area in the first day. Please remark your hotel location in the comments column when booking. Then we will confirm the availability for you. on the second day, where the Alcatraz portion is taking place, the guests need to make their own way to Alcatraz Landing (Pier 33). There is no pick up from the hotel. Once on Alcatraz they receive audio guides which are self-guided and there is no tour escort on Alcatraz. Local public transportation - F Streetcar, BART-Embarcadero station.
- Pick up time is 8:00am to 9:00am; please arrive at the pick up location 10-15 minutes prior to the pick up time.
- As a courtesy to fellow passengers, it's important to be on time. If clients are late or miss a scheduled pickup time for the tour, please contact our office IMMEDIATELY. An alternative pick up location may be arranged at customer expense, subject to availability. Any guest who misses their tour entirely will forfeit their seat on the tour. No refunds will be issued.
- Children under the age of 8 must be secured in a car seat or booster seat in the back seat. Children under the age of 8 who are 4' 9" or taller may be secured by a safety belt in the back seat.
- Baggage allowance policy:
Customers are allowed up to TWO ITEMS (ie. 1 Personal item 1 Overnight bag) to travel free of charge. These items must be within the size limitations. Each additional item above the allowance will incur a $25 excess luggage fee. Please check below for examples:
1 Personal item 1 Overnight bag --------------- Free (*within specified limits below)
2 Personal items -------------- Free
2 Overnight Bags -------------- Free
2 personal 1 Overnight Bag ---------------- $25
Oversized luggage ***(see below) -------------- $50
MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS LUGGAGE
- Personal Item: Purses, small day packs, camera cases
- Overnight Bag size: 24x16x10 inches, (or 60 x 40 x 25 cm)
***If you bring Oversize luggage, you MUST inform us at least 48 hours prior to your tour, since space is very limited*** (note: Some hotels will store additional luggage for you while you are on your tour so please check with your hotel prior to your tour date if you have any concerns.)
- Spring/Summer: wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
Fall/Winter: wear layered clothing in the winter to ensure comfort in the cold weather.
- In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Dear Timmy siawira,
Thank you for your inquiry
For this tour, the tour cost does not include your hotel accommodation. We do not offer hotel reservation for this tour; please arrange your hotel accommodation on your own before starting your tour.
You can check the package excludes for more information.
Customer Service Rep
Dear Justin Paulissian,
Unfortunately we are sold out for Alcatraz in the early days of July.
The next available date will be July 19, 2014
***Please note: Alcatraz Island is a popular San Francisco attraction, therefore we recommend booking Alcatraz Packages as soon as possible. Alcatraz tour will take place in the morning and once we confirm an Alcatraz package, Alcatraz tickets are non-refundable. Please contact us to confirm whether a Alcatraz ticket is available on the day you choose, if it is not available, we will refund your Alcatraz ticket fee.
Customer Service Rep
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7