Summary of The Day: Explore liquid history and breathtaking urban landscapes by cycling both banks of London's famous river.
With smaller groups, a different route and a focus on the people's history, this tour is the perfect complement to our Royal London Bike Tour. Our local experts offer legend and fact about a city that has united against Great Plagues, Fire and War, while developing into the cradle of modern civilization and commerce. For lunch, we invite you to wander through the aromas of London's oldest and largest food market (food and drinks not included) before cycling across Tower Bridge and embarking on an incredible adventure.
* Despite being widely ridiculed when it first opened, the London Eye is now one of the most recognizable and loved structures in London. On a clear day, it offers you a truly spectacular, panoramic view of the city.
* One of the most stunning and iconic bridges in the world, Tower Bridge was built nearly 60 years into the reign of Queen Victoria and during the height of the British Empire. You will have the opportunity to take photos at its most spectacular vantage point then actually get the chance to cycle across it.
* St. Paul's Cathedral is the defining masterpiece of Sir Christopher Wren's architectural genius. The ground upon which it is built has been considered sacred for thousands of years. In more modern times, this is where the world mourned the loss of Sir Winston Churchill and celebrated the fairytale wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana. It was almost completely destroyed during the Second World War but was saved by a courageous group of volunteers called the Church Watch.
* The Tower of London - Originally built by William the Conqueror, this World Heritage site has been used as a royal residence, prison, observatory, treasury, mint, and even a zoo. The top of the list of recognizable prisoners includes: Saint Thomas More, Sir Walter Raleigh, Guy Fawkes and Anne Boleyn.
* Shakespeare's Globe - Have you ever used the expressions: to kill with kindness, one fell swoop, or dead as a doornail? Those and hundreds of other expressions and words (excellent, critical, lonely to name a few!) are attributed to one of the greatest Brits that ever lived. In the shadows of the historically accurate recreation of the Globe Theatre, learn about the less trumpeted side of William Shakespeare and his direct impact on our 21st century lives.
* Borough Market - (Only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday) A hidden, culinary gem in London with a history going back 900 years, Borough Market offers the finest food from all over the world. We'll break for about an hour, giving you time to explore on your own, grab a snack from any number of food vendors, and still enjoy a pint at a local English pub with your tour guide.
* Attached to the houses of parliament, Big Ben actually refers to the 13 tonne hour-bell within the clock tower. London first heard the chimes on May 31, 1859.
* The Monument was built by Christopher Wren to commemorate the Great Fire of London in 1666. The magnificent 61-meter column acts as a symbol of London's faith in itself and offers an amazing panorama of the surrounding area.
* Leadenhall Market - This fantastic, off the beaten track market sits at what was once the centre of Roman London. The market itself has stood here for over 600 years. Here we will learn about how Roman London was reduced to a thin layer of ash by Queen Boudicca. Fans of Harry Potter will recognize it as the real life setting of Diagon Alley which was filmed on location here.
|USD $38.41||USD $35.85|
* Adult: 12 and older|
* Child: 4-11 years old
* Children younger than 4 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.