Barcelona - Montserrat - Sant Sadurni d'Anoia - Barcelona
Summary of The Day: Welcome! A day tour from Barcelona to Montserrat is a must for the majority of visitors to Barcelona. It's probably the one place that they have heard all about before they arrive. The advantage of taking one of our small group day tours from Barcelona is that we can avoid the crowds and steer clear of the other larger tour operators.
Our day starts at 8:30am, from our office opposite the Palau de la Musica building. From here, the journey to Montserrat begins, taking us about an hour or so. One of the main reasons people book with us is that they want the intimacy of a small group, but like to have somebody there to explain things.
Keeping to our philosophy of giving you plenty of free time to explore on your own, but guiding you in the right direction, the first thing we do on arrival is explain the various options.
A visit to the sanctuary where the ‘Moreneta’ is housed is a must. The sanctuary has been in use for almost 1000 years, for pilgrims and other visitors who have climbed this spectacular mountain.
You’ll also have the opportunity to visit the fascinating Museum of Montserrat, with its five collections, ranging from Archaeology from the Biblical East to Modern Painting and Sculpture.
A highlight of visiting Montserrat is listening to one of Europe’s oldest children’s choirs, La Escolania de Montserrat. They usually sing at 1:00 p.m. on weekdays and noon on the weekend.
Besides these cultural possibilities, there are numerous walks around Montserrat, ranging from easy strolls to serious hikes. Each trail offers a different perspective on the stunning views over the surrounding landscape, many of which are peppered with small chapels and hermitages.
You will easily find a route to suit your taste and energy levels. But whether they're fairly strenuous treks or gentle walks, they all give you fantastic views to marvel at the unspoiled beauty of this protected natural park.
If you'd rather not walk at all, then another option is to take one of the two rack railways, or the cable car, offering yet more views of the area.
After a morning in Montserrat, we leave the mountain around 2:30 p.m., heading for Sant Sadurni d’Anoia, home to the famous Cava champagne and, in particular, home to Codorniu, where we will visit their vast underground wine cellars.
Sant Sadurni d’Anoia is situated in the Penedes wine-growing region, which boasts one of the widest varieties of grape of any wine-growing region in the world.
The tour at Codorniu is a great chance to see exactly how the famous sparkling wine is produced, from the first pressing of the grapes to the second fermentation in the vast expanse of cellars.
Of course, no winery visit would be complete without a taste of the product! At the end of the tour, you'll get the chance to try some of the best Cava the region produces.
We leave the winery around 5:30pm, returning to Barcelona around 6:30pm.
This tour departs at 8:30AM from opposite the Palau de la Musica, C/ Palau de la Musica, 1, 08003, Barcelona.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
We recommend that you arrive at the departure point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
Please bring all valuable items with you. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.