Summary of The Day: Explore San Francisco Food Tours welcome you to experience the Heart of the Mission. Aside from the stunning architecture or the blend of cultures from around the planet, the Mission district has an essence that you can't quite put your finger on. You will become absorbed in the collective creativity and the passion of the streets. You don't just walk down a sidewalk here, you observe a city so unique there is nothing else like it in the world.
The historic, tree-lined 24th street is known as El Corazon de la Mision, or the Heart of the Mission. Running from Valencia Street to Potrero Street, 24th boasts a vast number of unique shops and restaurants, as well as the greatest concentration of murals in the city. This area is the mother-lode of Latin food and no one goes home hungry! This is the area where many of the newest culinary stars have chosen to set up shop, their smart and innovative eateries adding a nice contrast to this traditional neighborhood that has always had a robust food scene. This tour is a feast for your taste-buds as well as your eyes; it takes you through the Precita Eyes Mural Project which showcases the murals that started a movement and soon attracted international acclaim.
The tour usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but we may cancel the tour up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event. We do not issue refunds for tours cancelled due to weather conditions.
We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing on the tour. San Francisco is known for the chilly weather and rolling fog, so dress in layers and be sure to bring a jacket.
Feel free to bring a bottle of water on food tours (we still do a lot of walking!).
On the tour we will have the opportunity to shop at local neighborhood venues. Some places accept cash only. Please bring a shopping bag.
Remember that we are on public streets and sidewalks; we cannot guarantee that the entire tour is accessible. Participants in wheelchairs must provide their own assistance.
While we love our pet friends, with the exception of guide dogs (not companion animals) , the tour is not appropriate for pets. Moreover, we cannot assume liability for the behavior of pets on the tour. Please find other accommodation for your pets.
In order to protect your personal property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.