Summary of The Day: Enter the wild and complex landscape of the Canadian Rockies with a Banff ice walk into Johnston Canyon. This adventurous and thrilling day trip will lead you into a true winter wonderland of ancient caves, frozen waterfalls, and gorgeous ice creeks.
After picking you up from your hotel in the afternoon we'll head out to the canyon and climb into its depths via a series of steel catwalks that give spectacular views of the gorges depths. Our journey will lead us through a natural cave to discover the frozen Lower Falls, a breathtaking view. Trave further to encounter the Upper Falls, shaped by winter into a gigantic icicle. Along the way you'll uncover the complex history of the canyon and how the ages have shaped the ancient rock into this fascinating gorge.
PLEASE NOTE: This tour does not walk on the ice. (It is fragile, dangerous and you can punch through to the icy flowing water). You will be following the steel catwalks that are built into the canyon wall and allow a spectacular view down the canyon walls to the ice and river below.
If you would like to walk on ice, our Grotto Canyon Icewalk allows you to walk on the ice safely, as the creek bed freezes solid.
Please input your hotel address in "meeting point" during booking and we'll confirm the pick-up schedule with you.
We always recommend you wear layers and dress for the appropriate weather.
We pick up and drop off from most hotels in Banff. If you want to be dropped off somewhere different from your hotel pick up like downtown, our guide will ask you at the end of the tour and will be happy to drop you off. Pick up will be between 1:15pm - 1:30pm. Drop off is at 5:30pm.
We have a 12 guest to guide ratio. If we have more than 12 guests we will arrange to have another guide if available.
We would suggest wearing ski gear, so ski pants and jacket. Wearing other sorts of clothing such as jeans will be very cold. For your shoes, we would suggest hiking boots or snow boots. We provide ice cleats that will be attached to your boots that will prevent you from slipping on the ice. We also have hiking poles if you would like to use them as well. We can provide winter boots if requested at the time of booking.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.