Summary of The Day: This popular route should not be missed on your Icelandic vacation!
The highlights of this tour are Thingvellir National Park, a remarkable historical and geological site, which is located by Lake Thingvallavatn, the largest lake in Iceland. The beautiful canyon running through the park is actually the meeting point of two of the earth's tectonic plates. This region is also the sight of the oldest form of parliament which first met here in 930 AD.
As part of the golden circle route we'll visit Gullfoss Waterfall, where you will see thousands of tons of icy water thunder majestically down in double falls into a deep canyon.
Then its onto Haukadalur geothermal area to complete our golden circle tour with a visit to a region of bubbling hot springs and fantastic geysers. This is home to the first recorded geyser in European history, the Great Geysir. We'll also see Strokkur, the most active geyser in the area, spouting up to 25-30 meters.
Hotel pick-up is available upon request and normally arranged about 30 minutes before the start of the tour.
Layered clothing is essential for all seasons in Iceland. Lightweight woolens, rain and windproof jacket and trousers, and good walking/hiking shoes are essential if you plan to do any hiking or other outdoor activities.
When traveling to Iceland in winter you should bring along a warm overcoat, hat, scarf, gloves, socks (preferably made of wool), as well a sweater and/or cardigan, and weatherproof shoes. Long thermal underwear (a shirt and pants), and a layer of fleece on top are also recommended.
Drop off after day tours may sometimes not be right in front of your hotel/guesthouse due to narrow streets and actual coach size used during the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.