Summary of The Day: Start your half day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus to the mountain of Montserrat, which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meters). The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. Some have seen human or animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, also called Santa Maria de Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta (the Black Virgin). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Virgin from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to accommodate the many pilgrimages.
You will be given some free time to visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat. And taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances.
End of the tour: Carrer de Balmes, 5, Barcelona, Espanya.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Promotion applied to departure on
09/15/2016 - 10/31/2016
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 4-12 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 4.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Air conditioned motor coach
Multilingual official guide
Taste four typical liquors and entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage site.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. Tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour. Please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
At Montserrat, there is a mountain climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Admission to the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, also called Santa Maria de Montserrat and the cogwheel train will be included in the reservation price.
To place your order for a reservation online, simply select your desired tour start date and the number of rooms you need/ travelers you are booking for on the upper right section of the tour information page, then click on "BOOK NOW".