Summary of The Day: Discover the special relationship between Mozart and Prague on a tour that traces the famous composer’s footsteps in the city. We'll visit the Estates Theatre, site of the world premiere of Don Giovanni, and an exhibition at the Czech Museum of Music. Prague remains proud of the role it played in the life of this musical genius and you'll soon learn why.
This unique tour will acquaint you with the places in Prague where the genius composer Mozart stayed. This is your chance to learn why the people of Prague welcomed Mozart so warmly, why they loved him so much, and why his music has won the hearts of everyone in this nation up to the present day.
Beginning on foot, we will walk through the Old Town, stopping at the Golden Angel house and the Estates Theatre. It is at the Estates Theatre that the world premiere of Don Giovanni took place on October 29, 1791. The Three Golden Lions house is where Mozart lived during his second stay in Prague. Next, we will board a tram and head to Lesser Town to visit the exhibition of music at the Czech Museum. Then, we'll travel by cable railway to Petrins for a view of the tower. Then we will travel to the Strahov Monastery at Hradèany Quarter.
Walking to the Strahov Monastery, we will see where Mozart improvised on the organ in the church of the Ascension of the Virgin on the day of Don Giovanni´s premier. In Hradcany Square and Lesser Town, we will stop at the houses and palaces where Mozart held concerts and lived. Our journey ends at the St. Nicholas Church, where a requiem was held on December 14, 1791 as a tribute to W.A. Mozart. It was also a statement of the Czech nation´s sorrow at his sudden death.
This tour is available in English, German, Russian, French, Spanish and Italian.
Please indicate your language of choice during booking.
This tour takes place Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 1:30pm from Narodni street 38, Prague.
Please arrive at the meeting point 20 minutes before tour departure.
Present a copy of your printed voucher when you arrive.
There will be no free pick up at your hotel.
A return transfer to your hotel is not provided; this tour will end in Lesser Town.
Children younger than 2 years old may participate for free.
Cancellations made within 2 hours of service date will be charged in full; more than 2 hours notice is fully refundable.
During the spring and summer, we recommend that you wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
During the fall and winter, we recommend that you wear layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.