Summary of The Day: Enjoy a memorable day visiting three very different wineries showcasing the very best of Catalan wine! From one of the biggest and most iconic wineries in the region to one of the best sparkling wine producers in the world and finally to a tiny family winery working hard to make delicious organic wines, you will spend an unforgettable day in the very heart of the Penedes wine region, one of the most hidden jewels in Catalunya.
We will start our tour at one of the most famous, and in fact the very first, Cava producer in the region: the family winery of Codorniu.
The reputation of this centuries-old winemaker both in Spain and around the world shows the quality of their wine. You'll learn all about the Cava making process, and even stand in the very room deep underground where the very first bottle of Cava was made over 150 years ago! One of the barrels still has bullet holes made by some careless soldiers from the Civil War!
Part of the experience is visiting the actual winery buildings, which are a jewel of Modernist industrial architecture. During this first visit, you'll be able to see the latest technological innovations in winemaking combined with the oldest tradition of Cava making.
At the end of the visit, you will, of course, get to sample some of their most emblematic wines.
From here we travel back to the past and a time when every step, every detail was done by hand. At this winery, quality and the utmost respect for tradition matter most. The result is a beautifully aged Cava considered by the experts to be one of the best sparkling wines in Spain.
They are proud to keep the true artisan process alive and limit the use of machinery in their winemaking. Everybody working in the winery is directly or indirectly related to the family.
For lunch we will take you to the local village where there are a number of lunch options.
Although most famous for its Cava, Penedes is far more than Cava. This is what we will show you in the afternoon by visiting an organic winery specializing in white and red still wine.
At this family winery, they produce excellent red wines made with Tempranillo, Pinot Noir, Garnatxa or Cabernet Sauvignon, demonstrating that the climate and the soil of Penedes can make wonderful still wines. This might be the last stop of the day, but be prepared to sample a variety of wines including red, white, rose, and, of course, Cava.
We arrive back in Barcelona at around 7:00pm.
This tour departs at 9:00AM from opposite the Palau de la Musica, C/ Palau de la Musica, 1, 08003, Barcelona.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
We recommend that you arrive at the departure location at least 15 minutes prior to departure.
Please bring all valuable items with you. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.