Barcelona - Santa Cecilia - Montserrat - Penedes - Barcelona
Summary of The Day: Discover the flavors and aromas of Catalan food and wine on this small-group day trip from Barcelona. Sample cheese and wine in a beautiful medieval farmhouse overlooking Montserrat; taste local delicacies like home-cured meats at a former Benedictine monastery; and sample different types of olive oil at a nearby farmhouse. We'll have a traditional Catalan lunch at the adjoining restaurant, then treat you to a guided tour of a winery including a cava and wine tasting.
Relax on board our climate-controlled minivan and enjoy the scenery of the Catalan countryside. We'll make a stop in a village to sample local cheese and wine, further enhanced with views of the north face of Montserrat.
Then we'll head to Santa Cecilia, a former Benedictine monastery and paragon of early Catalan Romanesque architecture. Here we'll learn about the history of the region - including how the monks influenced local farming and gastronomy - and sample locally-grown almonds, peaches, honey or home-cured meats, depending on the season.
Next we'll drive around Montserrat to explore the south face, whose climate and topography are ideal for growing olives and grapes.
Our next stop is a 16th-century farmhouse, originally the property of the Monastery of Montserrat. We'll tour the old olive mill and medieval water tanks, and learn about pressing techniques and the various kinds of olive oil. Then we'll sit down for a traditional lunch made with produce grown on-site. Those joining the tour on Sunday will taste even more local flavor with a menu featuring local Catalan dishes.
After lunch we'll drive to Penedes, a wine region known for its cava, or Catalan sparkling wine. We'll tour the underground cellars and barreling room of a local winery and learn how cava is made, finishing off with a tasting of four different types of cava and wine.
This tour departs at 9:00AM from opposite the Palau de la Musica, C/ Palau de la Musica, 1, 08003, Barcelona.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart.
To protect your personal property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.