Summary of The Day: We'll depart New York City traveling through New Jersey and Pennsylvania to arrive in the "City of Brotherly Love" - Philadelphia. We'll visit the famous Liberty Bell as well as Constitution Square and Congress Hall. We'll take a stroll through Elfreth’s Alley, the oldest continuously inhabited street in America.
We'll continue on a panoramic tour of Philadelphia that includes the Financial District, Benjamin Franklin Parkway and much more.
As we leave Philadelphia, we'll see the famous “Rocky Steps” and then continue to Lancaster County, home of the Amish people. After a break for lunch at an Amish marketplace, we'll embark on an authentic Amish Buggy ride (admission included!) through the Amish farm country and learn how they live without the benefit of modern technology with no electricity, running water, telephone service or appliances.
During the late afternoon, we'll depart east for an evening arrival in New York City.
Sightseeing in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania's Amish Country
Authentic Amish Buggy ride through the Amish farm country
All personal expenses including hotel room service and meals
Insurance - It is recommended that passengers purchase travel insurance prior to their departure.
Mandatory service fee for tour guide and driver ($2.00/day per person is recommended)
Tour guides and drivers rely upon the service fees charged on the tour to supplement their income. The wages of tour guides and drivers are determined factoring in that they will receive service fees to augment their earnings. Please pay at least the recommended service fee because the tour guides and drivers work hard to accommodate many people on the tour.
A booking is only considered changed or cancelled when you have receive a cancellation number. After confirmation and up to 14 days prior to departure, the cancellation penalty is $100.00 per person. Within 7 days of departure, the full cancellation penalty applies.
During the spring and summer, we recommend that you wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes. During the fall and winter, we recommend that you wear layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
An excellent one day tour that provides informative historical background to the formation of the USA and an essential visit to historical sites. This is capped by an interesting and informative cultural visit to the Amish..
This was by far the best tour I\'ve experienced. The guides were so friendly, gracious, and knowledgeable.
I enjoyed visiting the Amish community, especially the Buggy Ride. Our buggy driver was very friendly and accommodating and ans...wered all our questions. He was informative, entertaining, and most importantly, he knew how to engage both adults and children in his discussion.
Thanks for a memorable tour.Read full review
I have been to Philadelphia for several times, but havenâ€™t got a chance to Amish Country. This time I took a day-trip to Amish country with my friends and had a great time. The scenery is beautiful and the Amish people and culture are so ...e so interesting. Take a buggy ride to get a glimpse of real Amish life. So just go!Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.
Tour 29-427 is available for booking December 2014.
To view the tour's available dates, simply locate the reservation step 1 on the upper right hand corner of the tour's information page and scroll through the different available dates per month on the reservation calendar to view the tour's available dates shown in bold print.
You can complete all the steps and click on book now to place your order for the tour online.