Banff - Columbia Icefield - Glacier Skywalk - Banff
Summary of The Day: Voyage through the remnants of the last Ice Age and look upon the monuments of rock and ice that still remain today. While on this must-see Columbia Icefield sightseeing tour, enjoy the experience of a lifetime by travelling onto the surface of the ancient Athabasca Glacier on one of our specially designed, giant all-terrain Ice Explorers.
Departing from your hotel, we'll head to the Columbia Icefield, a frozen landscape on the foot of the Athabasca Glacier. Along the way, we'll visit Lake Louise, the Icefields Parkway, Crowfoot Glacier, Bow Lake, and Peyto Lake. Upon arrival at the Columbia Icefield we'll enjoy a hot lunch at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre.
Then, we'll board the all-terrain Ice Explorer and travel onto the mighty Athabasca Glacier, even getting the chance to walk across it! Next, we'll head to the Glacier Skywalk - Canada's first attraction of its kind! On this overhanging glass walkway you can stand 280 metres (918 ft) over the glacier carved Sunwapta Valley and roaring waterfalls!
Please input your hotel address in "meeting point" during booking and we'll confirm the pick-up schedule with you.
The Glacier Adventure is wheelchair accessible, however you must inform us so we can ensure you have proper transfer on to the Glacier Adventure tour from the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre. Please inform us in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
Tours departing from Calgary, Banff, Canmore & Lake Louise operate from 1 May, 2016 - 16 October, 2016
Tours departing from Jasper operate from 3 May, 2016 - 16 October, 2016
*Tour prices are based on CAD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
*Adult: 16 and above
Any children 5 and under sharing a seat with a paying adult will be free. If you require a separate seat for your infant 5 and under, the regular child rate will be charged.
*Prices are subject to change; please contact us for a quotation before making your reservation.
Admissions to the Glacier Adventure and Glacier Skywalk attractions
Professional Tour Guide
Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off at select hotels in Banff, Canmore, Calgary, and Lake Louise
Lunch is included at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre
Transfers between airports, hotels and bus depots (unless noted)
Meals (unless noted)
Tips to sightseeing motor coach drivers, rail personnel, and taxi drivers
Make sure you wear layers, sunscreen, and comfortable shoes with grip on the bottom (i.e. sneakers, hiking boots). You can expect the temperature to be about 15 degrees Celsius cooler on the ice than at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre. Sunglasses may come in handy as well as an empty water bottle that you can fill with glacier water if you wish. Also, don't forget your camera!
The Glacier Adventure is wheelchair accessible, however you must inform us in advance so we can ensure you have proper transfer on to the Glacier Adventure tour from the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre. Please inform us in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
During spring/summer, we recommend passengers wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes. During fall/winter, we recommend passengers wear layered clothing in the winter to ensure comfort in the cold weather.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.