Spain, Portugal & Morocco
Day 1 - Arrive in Madrid, Spain. Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to start exploring lively Madrid. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)
Day 2 - Madrid. Of the Spanish capital, situated 2,180 feet above sea level, the Spaniards say it's the nearest thing to heaven. You've only a day here, and it's certainly worth making the most of it by joining the included guided sightseeing tour: a full panoramic drive by way of the Avenida Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Parliament Square, and a picture stop outside the Royal Palace. The optional trip to Toledo is most rewarding, too. The splendid setting of this old walled city above the Tagus was made famous in El Greco's painting, and even now it's like a great open-air museum of Spanish history and art. (B)
Day 3 - Madrid - Avila - Salamanca - Coimbra, Portugal. West for a visit to fortified Avila with its many towers. Next is Salamanca, just six miles from the spot where Wellington routed Napoleon's army in 1812. Make sure you spend some time wandering around Plaza Mayor, the grandest square in Spain. Across the frontier to Guarda, the highest town in Portugal. From here, descend to the valleys of the Serra da Estrela to Coimbra for an overnight. (B,D)
Day 4 - Coimbra - Batalha - Fatima - Lisbon. This morning, enjoy your orientation tour of Coimbra, celebrated for its beauty and ancient university. Later, travel southwards to Batalha with a visit to its beautifully sited monastery. Today's penultimate highlight is a visit to the Sanctuary of Fatima. A sterner and more desolate landscape accompanies you to Lisbon for two overnights in Portugal's capital. A stop en route includes a wine bodega and some wine tasting. (B)
Day 5 - Lisbon. Henry the Navigator made Lisbon the 15th-century mistress of the seas. On the included tour, see his monument, the Belem Tower, the Moorish Citadel, and the impressive Black Horse Square. Spend the afternoon in the Alfama's tile-decorated streets, or take an optional excursion to coastal Estoril and Cascais. (B)
Day 6 - Lisbon - Seville, Spain. From the rolling plains of the Alentejo with its woodlands of cork and eucalyptus trees, southwards all the way to the brilliant light of Andalusia. Admire its neat white-painted villages and sun-drenched plantations of olives, figs, and almonds, while traveling by way of Beja into magnificent Seville. (B)
Day 7 - Seville. At leisure in one of Spain's most colorful cities. Perhaps you'd like to spend this morning enjoying an optional sightseeing tour including the main highlights of this vibrant city. (B,D)
Day 8 - Seville - Ferry to Morocco - Fez. An interesting drive today starts with views of the sherry wine region before reaching the coast for embarkation on the ferry to Morocco. Next, motor south along what was once northern Africa's infamous Barbary Coast. Join the new motorway for the drive southwards, then west, bypassing Meknes for two overnights in Fez. (B,D)
Day 9 - Fez. At leisure in ancient Fez, which occupies a position of outstanding scenic beauty. This morning, visit the Medina on the included sightseeing and enjoy the maze of narrow streets through the colorful bazaars and the exotic atmosphere. (B)
Day 10 - Fez - Middle Atlas - Marrakesh. While motoring through the Middle Atlas on your way to Marrakesh, enjoy glimpses of North African village life reminiscent of Beau Geste. (B,D)
Day 11 - Marrakesh. The highlight of this morning is the included city sightseeing. You'll really feel as if you've stopped the march of time. Marrakesh has always been a meeting place"first just a group of nomad tents, now a bustling city. An optional evening excursion will be a fitting choice to end the day. (B)
Day 12 - Marrakesh - Casablanca - Rabat. This morning, drive northwest from the heartland of Morocco by way of Settat to reach the most western of all Moroccan cities"Casablanca. Stop here awhile. Later in the afternoon, continue by way of the motorway northwards to Rabat, in Morocco's capital for city sightseeing and an overnight. (B,D)
Day 13 - Rabat - Ferry Crossing to Spain - Granada. Today, an early departure retraces your steps northwards for the ferry across the Straits of Gibraltar to mainland Spain. Drive directly to the heart of Andalusia to reach Granada for an overnight. (B,D)
Day 14 - Granada - Madrid. Take advantage of the included visit with a Local Guide of the Alhambra, a summer complex built by the Moorish kings. This afternoon, drive into the very heart of La Mancha, famed for its castle and windmills. Overnight in Madrid. (B)
Day 15 - Madrid. Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Q & As
Please note questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc. You may also review our FAQ section for additional information you are looking for.
- In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travellers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation is confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.
Edit Photo Title & Description
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Pricing (Per Person)
|Land Start Date||Price From:|
|2014-08-31||$2049||See in Cart|
|2014-10-05||$2049||See in Cart|
|2014-10-05||$2049||See in Cart|
|2014-10-09||$2049||See in Cart|
|2014-10-12||$2049||See in Cart|
|2014-10-26||$2019||See in Cart|
|2014-11-09||$1929||See in Cart|
|2014-11-16||$1929||See in Cart|
|2014-11-30||$1929||See in Cart|
|2014-12-07||$1869||See in Cart|
Prices based on double room occupancy.
Single room supplement:
No triple room reduction.
2015 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification. Details will be available in September, 2014.
- City Highlights
Headsets throughout the tour
Sightseeing: Visits to Avila, Salamanca, Coimbra, Batalha, Fatima, Portuguese wine bodega, Seville, Casablanca
Local Guides for city sightseeing in Madrid, Lisbon, Fez, Marrakesh, Rabat, Granada-Alhambra. Professional Tour Director while touring
- Launch Date
Buffet breakfasts (B); 7 dinners (D)
- April 13 Departure - Holy Week in Seville
- May 1 & 4 Departures - Feria in Seville
- December 21 Departure - Christmas lunch in Lisbon and New Year's "Reveillon" dinner in Marrakesh.
- Scenic Highlights
Scenic Highlights: Serra da Estrela, Andalusia, Guadalquivir Valley, Costa del Sol, La Mancha, Middle Atlas
Spain, Portugal & Morocco
Transportation: Scheduled transatlantic flights and airport transfers in Madrid if Cosmos issues the air tickets. Touring by private first-class air-conditioned motorcoach. Ferry across the Straits of Gibraltar
MADRID Praga (F) or Catalonia Gran Via (F)COIMBRA Dom Luis (ST)LISBON Roma (ST)SEVILLE Don Paco (ST) or Tryp Macarena (F)FEZ Zalagh Park Palace (F)MARRAKESH Zalagh Kasbah & Spa (F)RABAT Rihab (F)GRANADA Don Juan (ST)