Spain, Portugal & Morocco
Day 1 - Arrive in Madrid, Spain. Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to start exploring lively Madrid. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)
Day 2 - Madrid. Spaniards say the Spanish capital, situated 2,180 feet above sea level, is the nearest thing to Heaven. You have only a day here, and it's certainly worth making the most of it by joining the included guided sightseeing tour: a full panoramic drive by way of the Avenida Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Parliament Square, and a picture stop outside the ROYAL PALACE. The optional trip to Toledo is most rewarding, too. The splendid setting of this old walled city above the Tagus was made famous in El Greco's painting, and even now it's like a great open-air museum of Spanish history and art. (B)
Day 3 - Madrid - Avila - Salamanca - Coimbra, Portugal. West for a visit to fortified Avila with its many towers. Next is Salamanca, just six miles from the spot where Wellington routed Napoleon's army in 1812. Make sure you spend some time wandering around PLAZA MAYOR the grandest square in Spain. Cross the frontier to Guarda, the highest town in Portugal. From here, descend to the valleys of the Serra da Estrela to Coimbra for an overnight. (B,D)
Day 4 - Coimbra - Fatima - Obidos - Lisbon. This morning, enjoy your orientation tour of Coimbra, celebrated for its beauty and ancient university. Later, travel southwards to visit the SANCTUARY of Fatima. En route, stop for an enjoyable wine tasting, then continue to the fortified Obidos, known as the wedding present town before reaching Portugal's capital, Lisbon, for two overnights. (B)
Day 5 - Lisbon. Henry the Navigator made Lisbon the 15th-century "Mistress of the Seas." On the included tour, see his monument, the Belem Tower, the Moorish Citadel, and the impressive Black Horse Square. Spend the afternoon in the Alfama's tile-decorated streets, or take an optional excursion to coastal Estoril and Cascais. (B)
Day 6 - Lisbon - Seville, Spain. From the rolling plains of the Alentejo with its woodlands of cork and eucalyptus trees, southwards all the way to the brilliant light of Andalusia. Admire its neat white-painted villages and sun-drenched plantations of olives, figs, and almonds, while traveling by way of Beja into magnificent Seville. (B,D)
Day 7 - Seville. At leisure in one of Spain's most colorful cities. Perhaps you'd like to spend this morning enjoying an optional sightseeing tour including the main highlights of this vibrant city. (B)
Day 8 - Seville - Ferry to Morocco - Rabat. An interesting drive today through Spain's pretty sherry wine region and south to the coast. Here, you will embark the FERRY and cruise across the Strait of Gibraltar to Morocco on the African continent. Motor along what was once the infamous Barbary Coast, then join the new motorway for the drive south to Rabat for an overnight. (B,D)
Day 9 - Rabat - Casablanca - Marrakesh. Today starts with an included guided city sightseeing tour of the country's lively capital. In 2013, Rabat was a filming location for the movie Black Hawk Down. Later, via Settat, reach Morocco's westernmost city: Casablanca. Enjoy a short break in this modern city and see the illustrious Hassan II Mosque"perched dramatically on a platform over the Atlantic Ocean. One of the largest mosques in the world, its minaret soars 689 feet into the sky and part of the mosque's floor is made of glass so worshippers can kneel directly over the ocean's waters. Continue on to the historic oasis city of Marrakesh. (B,D)
Day 10 - Marrakesh. The highlight of this morning is included city sightseeing that will make you feel like you've been whisked back in time. Founded in the 9th century, Marrakesh remains a tapestry of ramparts, mosques, palaces, gardens, and vibrant public squares and souks (markets)"where buying and selling and a carnival of entertainment and fascinations occur daily. An optional excursion this evening is the perfect end to the day. (B)
Day 11 - Marrakesh - Fez. Today, motor through the fragrant cedar forests of the Middle Atlas mountains, where a number of peaks soar above 13,000 feet in elevation. This range is home to the endangered Barbary ape, as well as wild boar and polecats. On your way north to Fez, enjoy glimpses of North African village life reminiscent of Beau Geste. (B,D)
Day 12 - Fez. Ancient Fez is a city of outstanding scenic beauty. Visit the MEDINA during included sightseeing this morning, and enjoy the maze of narrow streets through the colorful bazaars and exotic atmosphere. In the afternoon, explore further on your own. (B)
Day 13 - Fez - Ferry Crossing to Spain - Costa del Sol. Today, an early departure takes you north for the FERRY back to mainland Spain for an overnight on the Costa del Sol. (B,D)
Day 14 - Costa del Sol - Granada. Drive along the coastal road of the Costa del Sol (Coast of the Sun) and head into the heart of Andalusia to reach Granada. On the agenda: an included guided visit of the ALHAMBRA COMPLEX, a lavish palace and fortress built by Moorish kings. With construction dating back to 889 AD, you'll marvel at its architectural beauty and magnificent gardens. This afternoon, there's time at leisure. (B,D)
Day 15 - Granada - Madrid. Travel north today through the very heart of Don Quixote's La Mancha, famed for its castle and windmills. Tonight, consider joining your fellow travelers at an optional traditional tapas evening, a fitting way to say Adios to Spain! (B)
Day 16 - Madrid. Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Q & As
Please note questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc. You may also review our FAQ section for additional information you are looking for.
- In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.
Edit Photo Title & Description
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Pricing (Per Person)
|Land Start Date||Price From:|
|2016-06-12||USD $2,039.00||See in Cart|
|2016-06-26||USD $1,999.00||See in Cart|
|2016-07-10||USD $1,999.00||See in Cart|
|2016-07-24||USD $1,999.00||See in Cart|
|2016-08-21||USD $2,039.00||See in Cart|
|2016-09-04||USD $2,039.00||See in Cart|
|2016-09-08||USD $2,039.00||See in Cart|
|2016-09-11||USD $2,039.00||See in Cart|
|2016-09-18||USD $2,039.00||See in Cart|
|2016-09-22||USD $2,039.00||See in Cart|
Prices based on double room occupancy.
Single room supplement:
No triple room reduction.
2017 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification. Details will be available in September, 2016.
- City Highlights
Inside visits and special features:Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
Sightseeing:Visits to Avila, Salamanca, Coimbra, Fatima, Portuguese wine bodega, Obidos, Seville, Casablanca
Local Guides for city sightseeing in Madrid, Lisbon, Rabat, Marrakesh, Fez, Granada-Alhambra complex; professional Tour Director while touring
- Launch Date
Buffet breakfasts daily; 8 dinners
NOTES:April 10 Departure - Feria in SevilleDecember 22 Departure - New Year's "Reveillon" dinner in Marrakesh
- Scenic Highlights
Scenic Highlights: Serra da Estrela, Andalusia, Guadalquivir Valley, Costa del Sol, La Mancha, Middle Atlas
Spain, Portugal & Morocco
Transportation: Touring by private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach. Ferry across the Straits of Gibraltar
MADRID Praga (ST) or Abba (F)COIMBRA Dom Luis (ST) or Tryp (F)LISBON Roma (ST)SEVILLE Don Paco (ST) or Tryp Macarena (F)RABAT Rihab (ST)MARRAKESH Zalagh Kasbah & Spa (ST)FEZ Zalagh Parc Palace (ST) or Menzeh Fez (ST)COSTA DEL SOL Almenara (F) at Sotogrande or NH Sotogrande (F)GRANADA Don Juan (ST) or Abba (F)MADRID Praga (ST) or Rafaelhoteles Ventas (ST)