Day 1 - Arrive in Shanghai, China. Welcome to China's most populous city and center of trade and industry. Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.
Day 2 - Shanghai. Your sightseeing starts at the YU YUAN GARDENS, dating back to the Ming Dynasty. Then, stroll along the Bund, the city's riverfront boulevard lined with historic buildings, housing, banks, and trade houses. After lunch in a local restaurant, enjoy time at your leisure. This evening, meet your traveling companions for a welcome dinner followed by a spectacular ACROBATIC SHOW. (B,L,D)
Day 3 - Shanghai - Yichang (Embarkation) - Yangtze River Cruise. Visit the SHANGHAI MUSEUM and a SILK FACTORY before flying to Yichang. Board the Century Legend for a 4-night CRUISE through the breathtaking Three Gorges of the Yangtze. (B,D)
Day 4 - Cruising: Xiling Gorge - Three Gorges Dam Site. This morning, perhaps wake up early for a Tai Chi session on the Sun Deck. Later, cruise through the Xiling Gorge, the first of the Three Gorges. Then, visit the THREE GORGES DAM SITE, the largest dam of its kind in the world. After lunch, sail through the Three Gorges ship locks, and enjoy time at your leisure on the ship. Maybe take a swim in the pool or simply enjoy the passing scenery. This evening, the Captain hosts a welcome party followed by dinner and a special performance by the ship's crew. (B,L,D)
Day 5 - Cruising: Wu Gorge - Shennong Stream - Qutang Gorge. This morning, sail upstream through the second of the three gorges"Wu, known for its quiet beauty and forest-covered mountains. You can nearly touch the perpendicular walls rising from the riverbanks as your Captain negotiates this narrow gap. Then, disembark for a BOAT EXCURSION down the Shennong Stream. Along the way, see four natural gorges and the mysterious hanging wooden coffins. Before returning to your ship you will also take a SAMPAN RIDE on a smaller section of the stream, where the sampan crew will sing songs as you glide across the stunning deep emerald-green waters surrounded by densely forested hills. After a late lunch on the ship, sail through Qutang Gorge, the shortest but most dramatic gorge and the last of the famed three gorges.The remainder of the afternoon is at your leisure. You may choose to take an optional shore excursion to Baidi Cheng, known as the "White Emperor City," to see the Baidi Temple. (B,L,D) NOTE:Depending on river conditions, the boat excursion may be on the Daning River.
Day 6 - Cruising: Shibaozhai. After breakfast, take a WALKING TOUR of Shibaozhai with its 400-year-old, 12-story red wooden pagoda perched high on a cliff side. After lunch, the afternoon is at your leisure to enjoy the ship and its many amenities. This evening, join the Captain for a special Chinese-style farewell banquet. (B,L,D) NOTE:Depending on river conditions, an alternate shore excursion may be offered.
Day 7 - Cruising: Chongqing (Disembarkation) - Lhasa, Tibet. After breakfast, bid farewell to your ship's crew in Chongqing, China's capital during World War II. The city sits high on a hill overlooking the Jialing and Yangtze Rivers. Visit a local ZOO to see pandas before boarding your flight to the holy city of Lhasa, capital of the mystical Buddhist kingdom of Tibet. The rest of the day is free to rest and adjust to the 14,000-foot altitude. (B,L,D)
Day 8 - Lhasa. This morning, take a brief city tour, then visit the SUMMER PALACE of the Dalai Lama, featuring the largest man-made garden in Tibet. Next, take a special trip to a TIBETAN'S HOME that includes lunch before visiting a typical TIBETAN MONASTERY. The final stop today is a TIBETAN HOSPITAL, where you will learn about traditional Tibetan medicine and therapy. (B,L,D)
Day 9 - Lhasa. Today, visit the imposing POTALA PALACE, once the center of the Tibetan government and the former winter residence of the Dalai Lama. Also, visit one of Tibet's oldest shrines, JOKHANG TEMPLE, then spend time in the local BAZAAR. The rest of the day is at your leisure. (B,L,D)
Day 10 - Lhasa - Xi'an, China. Today, fly to the city of Xi'an in central China. This evening, enjoy the "Tang Dynasty" DINNER SHOW, featuring a colorful assemblage of classical performances. (B,D)
Day 11 - Xi'an. One of the largest and wealthiest cities in the world when China dominated the silk trade, Xi'an today is an archaeological treasure trove. Sightseeing begins with the nearby DAYAN PAGODA, built in 652 AD, followed by a LACQUER WORKSHOP. Next, visit the enormous tomb of China's first emperor, Qin Shi Huangdi, accidentally discovered by local farmers in 1974. Marvel at the legion of TERRACOTTA WARRIORS that has been guarding the burial site for 2,000 years. During lunch, enjoy a NOODLE-MAKING DEMONSTRATION by a master chef and learn how Chinese noodles are made by hand. Then, visit the Xi'an City Wall South Gate and learn to write like a local during a traditional Chinese CALLIGRAPHY CLASS. (B,L,D)
Day 12 - Xi'an - Beijing. Today, fly to Beijing, China's capital city. Enjoy a rickshaw ride through one of Beijing's HUTONGS, the city's ancient alleys. Experience life in this historic neighborhood as you are invited into the courtyard of a family's home for tea. (B,L)
Day 13 - Beijing. Your full-day sightseeing starts with a visit to the FORBIDDEN CITY and its IMPERIAL PALACE, once the home of China's great emperors. Nearby is 100-acre TIAN'ANMEN SQUARE, the largest public square in the world. Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant and continue to the former SUMMER PALACE, a complex of pavilions, temples, and galleries set among beautifully landscaped grounds and situated on Kunming Lake. Tonight, experience local culture at the PEKING OPERA, including a behind-the-scenes look at the colorful make-up being applied to the performers. (B,L,D)
Day 14 - Beijing. The GREAT WALL OF CHINA once stretched 4,000 miles across China's barren northern terrain from the Bohai Sea to the Gobi Desert. Head north to a village where the Great Wall is well preserved and walk along the wall to enjoy sweeping vistas of this mammoth fortress. Then, visit a CLOISONNÉ WORKSHOP and see local artisans use the techniques of this ancient art form to turn pieces of copper into colorful decorative items. After lunch in a local restaurant, take a leisurely walk down the SACRED WAY of the Ming Tombs and marvel at the impressive hand-carved stone statues. This evening is the perfect finale to a great touring adventure as you're hosted to a special PEKING DUCK FAREWELL DINNER in a local restaurant. (B,L,D)
Day 15 - Beijing. Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- Book a 2012 Globus Asia air-inclusive vacation to receive $100 per person off the air price. Booking must be made, under deposit and discount applied between February 1 and March 27, 2012 travel through December 31, 2012. Offer not valid with any other offer except Journeys Club Repeat Traveler benefit and applies to new 2012 bookings only. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Certain government-imposed taxes and fees of up to $375, including a September 11th Security fee of up to $10, are additional and must be paid by each traveler. Additional restrictions may apply.
- In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation is confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.