Summary of The Day: - Head west on Larapinta Drive alongside the ochre coloured West MacDonnells
- Cross vast open outback plains on Namatjira Drive
- Visit Hermannsburg - an 1870's Lutheran mission
- Wander through historic buildings, the museum and art gallery and learn the reality of Aboriginal history in this region
- Morning tea is provided in Hermannsburg
- Head off road and onto the dry bed of the Finke River
- Follow the riverbed to Finke Gorge National Park
- Venture further into the Gorge to Palm Valley - an oasis in this arid region
- Walk on the dry river bed alongside remarkable Livistona Palms and Cycads
- Walk along the valley rim with stunning views over Palm Valley
- Kalarranga Lookout - amazing views over the Amphitheatre and Finke Valley
- Enjoy a delicious ploughman's lunch in these spectacular surrounds
- Witness the changing colours of the West MacDonnells in the afternoon light
If no hotel pickup is needed, please check in 15 minutes prior to departure. Tour departs at 7:30am from Shop 7-9 Capricornia Centre (opposite Information Centre), Gregory Tce, Alice Springs.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14
* Tour subject to operate based on minimum numbers: 4.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Hotel pickup and drop off
Hermannsburg Entrance Fee
All personal expenses including hotel room service and meals
Hat, sunscreen, sturdy walking shoes and bottled water are required when participating in walks.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.