Summary of The Day: The Glacier Explorer combo grants you access to two of the most thrilling attractions near Jasper!
The Glacier Adventurewhich uses giant Ice Explorers to get you on top of an ancient glacier, spend as long as you like on this mammoth ice sheet before hopping-on an Ice-Explorer transferring you to the Glacier Skywalk.
Icefields Parkway (Highway 93 N) – 1 hour south of Jasper and 2.5 hours north of Banff)
4/14 - 4/30 10:00am - 4:00pm
5/1 - 5/28 10:00am - 5:00pm
5/29 - 9/3 9:00am - 6:00pm
9/4 - 10/1 10:00am - 5:00pm
10/2 - 10/29 10:00am - 4:00pm
The Glacier Skywalk, which provides a full interpretive experience and a truly unique view from a glass-floored observation platform almost 1000 feet above the Sunwapta Valley floor. Tours depart from the Icefield Discovery Centre.
Location: Parking at the Glacier Skywalk is located at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre: Latitude 52.220281, Longitude -117.2249. No parking is available at the Glacier Skywalk itself, a free shuttle service leaving from the Centre every 15 minutes will take you to the Glacier Skywalk.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult: 16 and above
Any children 5 and under can ride the Gondola for free
*Prices are subject to change; please contact us for a quotation before making your reservation.
*Tour prices are based on CAD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Admission to Glacier Skywalk
Ice Explorer Glacier Tour
Due to their popularity, Banff and Jasper National Park can be very busy in the summer. Parking lots can become full and lines longer during the middle of the day. Plan to arrive early or late in the day to avoid busy times (11am - 3pm). You might even spot some wildlife at these times, with animals more active earlier in the day to avoid the midday heat.
The Glacier Skywalk is located at Latitude 52.261381, Longitude -117.280862, however no parking is available at the Glacier Skywalk itself. We ask guests to use our free shuttle service leaving from the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre located at Latitude 52.220281, Longitude -117.2249.
Shuttle buses are scheduled to run continuously every 15 minutes throughout the daily hours of operation departing from the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre. The queue hallway will be divided - one side for the Glacier Adventure guests and one side for the Glacier Skywalk guests. Those who pre-purchased their tickets online or in Banff, Lake Louise and Calgary will be accommodated on the first available shuttle bus.
To limit the environmental footprint of the Glacier Skywalk, we have not installed or equipped the Glacier Skywalk with washroom facilities. Guests will need to use the washrooms at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre, before or after their visit to the Glacier Skywalk.
The Glacier Skywalk and Discovery Trail should not be slippery, and our staff will be working to keep it clear of snow & ice in the event of poor weather conditions. However we are at the will of nature and therefore, recommend that guests wear appropriate closed-toe footwear with a gripping sole; solid running shoes or hiking boots would be best.
Attraction tickets are non-refundable.
The safety of our guests is our biggest priority. If we experience severe weather that we feel will put our guests at risk we will reschedule tours. Such unusual, severe weather would include lightning, blizzard conditions, severe rain or extreme winds.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.