Summary of The Day: The Conch Tour Train is one of Florida's most popular attractions, and for good reason. The expert engineers and friendly staff have delighted over 10 million guests with the legends and lore of this charming tropical paradise.
Henry Flagler's railroad arrived in Key West on September 22, 1912 and the Island City was changed forever. The Conch Tour Train is proud to be the legacy of Flagler's engineering miracle.
Join The Conch Tour Train on a 'train ride' through time. Be taken back to the days before civilization when fierce Indians left their enemy's bones to bleach in a tropical wilderness naming the island Bone Key. Explore a lush, tropical island, and discover the charm and grace of one of America's most unique architectural pleasures. Get to know characters like John James Audubon, Ernest Hemingway, and Harry S. Truman and, like them, become captivated by the magic that is Key West.
From bold Spanish explorers and brave 'Wreckers' to the great cigar barons and sponge magnets. The Conch Tour Train will transport you from the golden age of settlement through the exciting railroad days, the depression and WWII. There's much to see and learn.
Operating Times: Daily 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
***Closed the last Saturday in October for Fantasy Fest.
This tour is a continuous tour of the island and only makes one stop downtown.
Tours depart approx. every 30 minutes. Reservations are not required (seating is first come - first seated). This tour now makes a stop at Truval Village close to Southernmost Point, Hemingway Museum, The Butterfly Conservatory, The Lighthouse, and the Star of the Sea Grotto. You can get off and board a different train to return. Parking is available at Mallory Square or The Westin parking garage.
Booth Location: Conch Train Depot-Mallory Square 303 Front St Key West, FL 33040. Truval Village at the Corner of Truman and Duval St.
Nearest Intersection: Front Street and Whitehead Street or Duval and Truman.
There is no refund once confirmed. No Use Date is required. E-ticket valid any day within 6 months of purchase date.
All times are approximations. Please arrive at the boarding location 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
I am so glad I picked this tour rather than the trolley. Everyone was so nice & BJ our tour guide just made my trip!!! He was so sweet & funny. His tour was filled with interesting tidbits and the greatest corny jokes. He made it extraordin...ary. He told me where to see the roosters in the morning by the post office..which melted my heart. They are beautiful birds. He shook his maraca, made us laugh, and pointed out my new favorite on the route ..the Pink Mimosa tree...& lots more. As a Florida native that has not been to Key West in 20 years...I fell in love with Key West on this trip. BJ turned my trip from fun into fabulous. It would not have been the same if I did not meet him. I will tell everyone I know to go on the conch train & especially ask for him.
--Visited August 2011Read full review
I have gone on the Conch Tour Train every time I been to Key West. Every time I feel like I learn something new. When I step off the train I feel like I see Key West in a different way. There is so much history in Key West and the Conch Tou...r Train does a great job in making it fun and exciting. The drivers are funny and informative. One of my favorite memories of Key West is riding the Conch Tour Train and eating key lime pie on a stick.
Visited June 2011
Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.