Summary of The Day:
Learn more about the history of Steinhart Aquarium and how biologists care for the 38,000 animals—butterflies, fish, penguins (even an albino alligator)—in our living collections. Visit the food prep kitchen, see how we make our own salt water, and more—all as part of this exclusive, hour-long aquarium tour.
Parking in Golden Gate Park can be very difficult, especially on weekends and holidays. Public transportation and drop-off are highly encouraged.
This tour is available for ages 8 years and older.
Tours run on schedule. Please arrive on time.
Please wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing for indoors and outdoors. Uneven surfaces, slick spots, or inclement weather may be encountered.
Elements of the tour and exhibits at the Academy are subject to change without prior notice.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.